Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Trademe admin banned me before I could start! Help!

Trademe admin banned me before I could start! Help!

Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Trademe admin banned me before I could start! Help!

Just use another name...
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlmckay
Just use another name...
Thanks -I tried that -unfortunately the system recognises your email address- hence the previous posters suggesting I change that as well.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:14 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helinuk
Good point- I'm not trying to clear the member who offended, but unfortunately it's the same username! The admin should realise that they need a system that doesn't allow people to register names that have been previously banned!
todays reply says again that I can't ever use the site
It must be incredibly frustrating for you but I'm sure you'll get in with a new username and email address. It's a very useful way to sell/buy things so it's a shame not to be able to use it.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:43 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
I think it's like that because it's designed to download quickly on dial-up, broadband's unobtainable for a lot of people in NZ.
Fair point...but they could still make it look a bit less tacky...a nice typeface and some softer colours wouldn't hurt...
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Helinuk, could you have maybe not have logged off at the library and someone after you stuffed up your account with trademe?

Don't know what others think but I feel trademe is really quite expensive, I think its cheaper to buy at the warehouse, look out for the price reductions, they have them all the time.
Briscoes is a shop that has a sale every month, so I would never go in there and buy at full price. Even Farmers have some great sales as do whitcoulls, Noel Leemings, etc....
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by planty
Hi Helinuk, could you have maybe not have logged off at the library and someone after you stuffed up your account with trademe?

Don't know what others think but I feel trademe is really quite expensive, I think its cheaper to buy at the warehouse, look out for the price reductions, they have them all the time.
Briscoes is a shop that has a sale every month, so I would never go in there and buy at full price. Even Farmers have some great sales as do whitcoulls, Noel Leemings, etc....
Yes !
And you don't feel suicidal, when you can't get to a computer in time to seal a bid on an item you've promised someone!
I don't find it as therapeutic as wandering round the shops, seeing what you're buying, touching, feeling . Get great satisfaction from bagging a bargain and there are lots to be had in good stores if you keep eyes open.
However the best thing I did buy on Trade me was top range 12ft trampoline with nets, it was cheaper than 'the Warehouse and much better quality, with greater safety features. I would have bid higher for it, but was lucky.

Don't worry about the 'Trade me" fiasco.
How ever it happened- it happened.
If you still want to partake with Trade me..- start from scratch.
New user name - new e-mail - new password.
IE- Re-invent yourself.
It's not illegal.
It protects you when dealing with unknown sites and those who might sell your e-mail to others.

Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennifer45
Yes !
And you don't feel suicidal, when you can't get to a computer in time to seal a bid on an item you've promised someone!
I don't find it as therapeutic as wandering round the shops, seeing what you're buying, touching, feeling . Get great satisfaction from bagging a bargain and there are lots to be had in good stores if you keep eyes open.
However the best thing I did buy on Trade me was top range 12ft trampoline with nets, it was cheaper than 'the Warehouse and much better quality, with greater safety features. I would have bid higher for it, but was lucky.

Don't worry about the 'Trade me" fiasco.
How ever it happened- it happened.
If you still want to partake with Trade me..- start from scratch.
New user name - new e-mail - new password.
IE- Re-invent yourself.
It's not illegal.
It protects you when dealing with unknown sites and those who might sell your e-mail to others.

A girl after my own heart! I love browsing round shops too!
I bought a few good items on ebay uk!

I 've had a beakthrough this morning with trademe. They are asking me for proof of identity, passport or birthcert. or drivers licence, and they've given me a fax number to send it to, so I just hope they will see I'm not the offending member !
A new start etc
cheers guys
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:18 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought some fantastic quality solid rimu furniture and 8 leather dining chairs through Trademe for dressing our house prior to sale - literally saved thousands of dollars. When we left I also sold quite a lot of junk we didn't need any longer and made over a grand, so well pleased

Not the most glamorous auction site, but very useful nevertheless.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:51 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

A girl after my own heart! I love browsing round shops too!
I bought a few good items on ebay uk!

I 've had a beakthrough this morning with trademe. They are asking me for proof of identity, passport or birthcert. or drivers licence, and they've given me a fax number to send it to, so I just hope they will see I'm not the offending member !
A new start etc
cheers guys
Hope this gets you where you need to be:
WELL DONE FOR FIGHTING THE MACHINE HELEN!!!
Karen X
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by planty

TradeMe can be expensive if you don't know the local prices. Shop around in the high street first, get a feel for the numbers and then take a peek on TM.

Example - a $300 tent for $27.50, $180 camping lead for $70... these are my purchases... then I sold a $200 wardrobe organiser for $23... there are bargains. Don't get into bidding wars though - put everything into autobid and walk away I had two people bidding hard for a box of baby clothes that finished at over $60 I had a buy now for $20 with a reserve of $1
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good news

I sent my passport ID to trademe yesterday and received a phone call this morning to say I'm now able to use trademe if I want to.

Apparently the the problem arose because I used the library to register and someone else used the same computer with their own username, and sold $$$worth of stuff then didn't send any of it, the police are involved in the case. I was asked if I knew the person and of course I don't. It's a reminder to us all that library & internet cafes are not safe even when you think you've logged off of internet accounts. I was simply unfortunate enough to have used the same PC as the offending , banned trademe member.
I pointed out to the admin person that it's taken a week of contact with trademe "help" to sort it out and that wasn't good enough and he agreed, the first helpline person who replied to me should have asked for my ID.

Thank you to everyone for your support and advice over the last week.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Good for you getting it sorted the way you hoped.....

I've done some trading on the site and find it ok.............
We bought 3 oil fired rads in great condition, 1 excellent fan heater and two normal summer fans for the grand total of $37...........

Sold quite a bit to including two uk sky boxes and most of our baby kit like high chair etc......
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:48 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Good news

I sent my passport ID to trademe yesterday and received a phone call this morning to say I'm now able to use trademe if I want to.

Apparently the the problem arose because I used the library to register and someone else used the same computer with their own username, and sold $$$worth of stuff then didn't send any of it, the police are involved in the case. I was asked if I knew the person and of course I don't. It's a reminder to us all that library & internet cafes are not safe even when you think you've logged off of internet accounts. I was simply unfortunate enough to have used the same PC as the offending , banned trademe member.
I pointed out to the admin person that it's taken a week of contact with trademe "help" to sort it out and that wasn't good enough and he agreed, the first helpline person who replied to me should have asked for my ID.

Thank you to everyone for your support and advice over the last week.
Well-done Helen, i knew you'd do it. Now try to stay out of trouble !!!

Love Marika x
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:05 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats Helen for following through! Who would have known that the guilty party had used the same library computer, eh?