Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Trademe admin banned me before I could start! Help!

Trademe admin banned me before I could start! Help!

Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Trademe admin banned me before I could start! Help!

So the story goes like this...

When we arrived in October I toddled off to the library to use the internet and filled out the forms to join Trademe. When we were connected to internet in our new home at the w/e I found the email from Trademe asking me to "click here" to confirm membership, when I did that it said "admin have disabled your account!
I have emailed the help line each day and been told that there was a user with the same username who "misbehaved" with 2 other account holders and so all 3 accounts have been banned and disabled. I have tried to reason with them and offered to prove that I am new to NZ and that I have not been a member before but they keep saying I will not be given permision to use trademe EVER!
I know it's only a trading website but it really upets me that: 1. I'm being accused of something I didn't do and being punished for something I didn't do and 2. that they can't find a way to let me register with another username - (I did try to before they told me the account had been banned, but it recognised my email address and stopped the process! )

Those of you who know me - yes I've been on here 4 yrs now... know I'm not a rude person and would comply with forum rules, so if anyone can think of a way for me to clear my slurred name and work out a way to show Trademe admin I had nothing to do with their other banned account members please let me know.
Helen
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:24 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trademe admin banned me before I could start! Help!

Helen, that's awful.
Sorry, can't help but I'm sure someone can. I would be exactly the same - I would want to clear my name too. And I wouldn't stop until I had, so stick to your guns and wear them down.
Karen X
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Helen, that's awful.
Sorry, can't help but I'm sure someone can. I would be exactly the same - I would want to clear my name too. And I wouldn't stop until I had, so stick to your guns and wear them down.
Karen X
thanks Karen.
Yes I will keep writing to them ,I hope that there might be someone on here who works at trademe or knows how to contact them directly because when you use the help box you keep getting different people replying to you and I've had repeat the situation each time.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:28 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helinuk
thanks Karen.
Yes I will keep writing to them ,I hope that there might be someone on here who works at trademe or knows how to contact them directly because when you use the help box you keep getting different people replying to you and I've had repeat the situation each time.
Helen, I'll ask Dave when he gets up (?!) as he reckons he's the King of TradeMe - pretty sure he spoke to someone on the phone at some point.

It'd be very handy to be able to trade, we've found it so useful. Can't you set up a different e-mail account and try that way?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Set up a new email address with your ISP and use it for Trademe.
Most ISP's will allow up to five different address's for each account.

I don't use my regular email address with Trademe.

Kip
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Surely a new email address with someone like hotmail which is free and a slight modification or two in the details you submit will solve your problem.

We don't use our main email addresses for things like Ebay or trademe either
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kippers
Set up a new email address with your ISP and use it for Trademe.
Most ISP's will allow up to five different address's for each account.

I don't use my regular email address with Trademe.

Kip
Thank for your advice guys.
I know that I could do that to trade on trade me . I have a yahoo account for these things too.
BUT I would like my name cleared and I would like them to see I was not the offending account member.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:12 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Helen!!!!!

Been here 5 minutes missus and getting yourself a bad name already!!

Seriously, if you need a character reference or you want me to send DS round with his latest home made rifle then let me know, cos we all know just HOW wrong they have got this
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Helen!!!!!

Been here 5 minutes missus and getting yourself a bad name already!!

Seriously, if you need a character reference or you want me to send DS round with his latest home made rifle then let me know, cos we all know just HOW wrong they have got this
Thanks Sarah
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:29 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

You can have my account if you want. I wish I never joined.

They charge tiny amounts ALL THE TIME to do anything and just sit back and rake it in.

Considering the founder is worth close to a billion dollars you'd think they'd make the site look like it wasn't designed by some kids from a deprived middle school in 1997.

But maybe that explains it's success!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Avid
Considering the founder is worth close to a billion dollars you'd think they'd make the site look like it wasn't designed by some kids from a deprived middle school in 1997.

But maybe that explains it's success!
People want to buy and sell - regardless of the web design why spend a heap of money?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:51 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
People want to buy and sell - regardless of the web design why spend a heap of money?
Well, yes....but would you prefer to go to a shop or buy something off a blanket on the roadside?

The 'trademe' site is deliberately cheap and tacky, and it obviously works for New Zealand.

I just hope Amazon and Ebay don't get any ideas!!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 4:03 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's like that because it's designed to download quickly on dial-up, broadband's unobtainable for a lot of people in NZ.

Helinuk, when you think about it it's not your name your trying to clear it's that of the people who were banned in the first place, you just have the misfortune of having a similar one.

Just register with a new email address and username, I'm sure once they've got the initial $10 off you it will be obvious from your credit card details that you're not the same person.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Shame we didn't know about your plight last week as my OH was at the digital future conference in Auckland and the founder of trademe was there.....she could have barracked from the audience on your behalf as he still consults for the new owners i believe......
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nerine
Helinuk, when you think about it it's not your name your trying to clear it's that of the people who were banned in the first place, you just have the misfortune of having a similar one.

Just register with a new email address and username, I'm sure once they've got the initial $10 off you it will be obvious from your credit card details that you're not the same person.
Good point- I'm not trying to clear the member who offended, but unfortunately it's the same username! The admin should realise that they need a system that doesn't allow people to register names that have been previously banned!
todays reply says again that I can't ever use the site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.