Tony Veitch

Old Jul 13th 2008, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Tony Veitch

Before I start writing this, I know some people are going to get angry reading this, so I want to make it clear, I am NOT condoning what this guy has done.
However, is anyone else sick of this story, and really thinks the press should drop it and move on. I really believe this guy is sorry for what he did, she has been duly compensated, and time to move on??? There is talk about dropping him from TVNZ because of his actions. Surely if we were all held accountable for every mistake we made there would be a lot of unemployed people in NZ??
Sorry, but needed to rant as I am bored with this story, and believe there are far more pressing situations that the press should be covering at the moment.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:35 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tony Veitch

Originally Posted by NZBee
Before I start writing this, I know some people are going to get angry reading this, so I want to make it clear, I am NOT condoning what this guy has done.
However, is anyone else sick of this story, and really thinks the press should drop it and move on. I really believe this guy is sorry for what he did, she has been duly compensated, and time to move on??? There is talk about dropping him from TVNZ because of his actions. Surely if we were all held accountable for every mistake we made there would be a lot of unemployed people in NZ??
Sorry, but needed to rant as I am bored with this story, and believe there are far more pressing situations that the press should be covering at the moment.

Personally, as an employee of a Government owned TV station (that we as tax payers finance), and with the diabolical record of domestic abuse this nation has, I think the book needs to be thrown at Tony Veitch and the bosses who have condoned his behaviour for several months. What message does it give to Joe Bloggs, if this man is let off scott free? Or does holding a position in the public eye make you immune from the law?

I agree that it is getting a tad bit obsessive as far as the TV is concerned, but if this is swept under the carpet in a hurry, then things will never change here
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Personally, as an employee of a Government owned TV station (that we as tax payers finance), and with the diabolical record of domestic abuse this nation has, I think the book needs to be thrown at Tony Veitch and the bosses who have condoned his behaviour for several months. What message does it give to Joe Bloggs, if this man is let off scott free? Or does holding a position in the public eye make you immune from the law?

I agree that it is getting a tad bit obsessive as far as the TV is concerned, but if this is swept under the carpet in a hurry, then things will never change here
Totally agree. His alleged 'lashing out' is sooooooooooooooo serious in a country racked with this kind of evil shite that I never want to see his face EVER again. It sickens me this kind of behaviour and yes I have made loads of mistakes in my life but never have I kicked someone into a wheel chair..doubt if many of us in NZ have.

Personally i think he should take the advice of someone on the radio and leave the country. That is a way of showing contrition. His apology to me came over as an apology for having been uncovered. If he was truly sorry he would have taken his punishment at the time.

In my books some things are unforgivable..this allegation is one of them. Sorry more like a rant than a post...but this is 'rantesque' stuff what?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It has to be said when all this furore came out it was a case for me of 'Tony who??' and I had to wait to see a picture of him to realise who he was.

Still I cannot believe nor stomach, all the public outpouring of sympathy for the man, because he's such a good all round 'bloke' and funny geezer off the telly. It fair makes me want to punch every single person that has phoned into Newstalk ZB to say 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone' and 'don't condemn the man because we don't know what SHE did to provoke him.'

He's clearly nothing more than an animal and they should lock him up and throw away the key. And no I don't accept that having him paying lip service by going on TV to support victims of abuse will make him appear any better of a man to me.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:57 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kev&sarah

Don't get me started on abuse, I personally think anyone who abuses spouses, children, elderly, physically / mentally infirm should have a 'lobotomy' and turned into (I do hate this word) vegetables - then they cannot commit this heinous crime again.

I DON'T THINK IT'S ENOUGH TO SAY SORRY

however having said this

I believe in one rule for all and do not think it helps society by making an example of someone because of the job they have, it in my opinion can send perpetrators further into 'hiding' for fear of public retribution.
As Tony is in a 'high' profile position he is in an ideal position to advocate seeking help, but he should not be above the law if Joe Bloggs off the street would have been prosecuted so should he.

Pauline

Last edited by howden40; Jul 14th 2008 at 11:03 pm. Reason: hadn't started my rant