Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Time to introduce myself...and a plea for help in Wellington

Time to introduce myself...and a plea for help in Wellington

Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

frog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to all
Default Time to introduce myself...and a plea for help in Wellington

Hi.

My husband got offered a job in Wellington (Newtown) in May and we've since submitted all our application forms, medicals etc. We are supposed to be out in Wellington by the end of August but immigration office seem to be dragging their feet. We were originally told that as he has a job offer and is on the skilled migrant shortage list our application would be processed in less than a week - 2 weeks later, still no news. We've got to find out by Monday to hand our notices in on time but not holding our breath.

Feel a bit like life is on hold at the moment although we're still trying to make Wellington plans in the meantime. Anyone know of anywhere furnished to rent for a couple of weeks on arrival near Newtown? (i.e. a motel or something). They'll be 2 adults, a toddler and no car so needs to be within walking distance of Newtown.

I'll keep you all posted on our progress
Old Jul 21st 2011, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to introduce myself...and a plea for help in Wellington

http://www.ascotmotorlodge.co.nz/
http://www.southgate.co.nz/

You could go elsewhere however as there is a decent bus service in central Wellington.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:15 am
Just Joined

nicjam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Can understand your dilemmas as we had the same problem with immigration, as the police checks took so long to go through. However, because my partner had a job offer and we had to be here for a certain date, our immigration officer arranged for us to get through immigration in auckland without the residence visa.

We then had to submit our passports to wellington Immigration when we arrived so they could put the stamps in. All came good in the end!

Hope all works out and Good luck with the move!
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:20 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the forum frog99

I hope your application is processed promptly so you can embark on your new life soon

Plenty of helpful Wellingtonians here, hopefully you'll get some good responses.