Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

THREE kids and a photo booth!

THREE kids and a photo booth!

Old Jul 16th 2005, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute
Default THREE kids and a photo booth!

What's your story?

As you may have seen we got our ITA this week, our kids are always early risers, even at the week end. I usually take the boys swimming on a Saturday but decided that we'd best get the photo's out the way.

Went to the shop where a man takes your photo with a special instant Polaroid that develops 4 little pixies just the right size, ( like this option as you can stand behind him getting them to actually look at you ), the shop was closed for holiday's, re-opening on Monday. No good to wife and boys, they're in school.
Went down the road to post office, and the booths, first had to get some change and after standing in the queue the teller said "Oh I haven't got much change, I pointed to family waiting to climb all over the booth, got the change.

Thought lets start with the difficult one, put the seat up as high as it would go and plonked her on the it, too short, looked around, next to booth was a pile of maps for sale, plonked them on the seat and then Bethany on top of them, she was having none of it and clung like a limpet.

Ok, lets do biggest sat him on the seat, still wasn't high enough, again looking around the shop spotted reams of printer paper, ran over grabbed 3, sat him on 1, the machine did a count down and hey presto one done.

The next took his place on the seat, had to add an extra ream, the machine did its count down 3 2 1 and as it said 1 he looked down to look at the picture it hadn't yet taken, 3 times he did this, and just got him on the last go.

Not a lot of room in these booths as you know, 3 reams on the seat we go for Bethany again, this time I climbed in the front sat on the floor firstly so show her she wasn't going to fall and I was there if she did, and secondly so I could tap on the glass with the camera behind it to make sure she was looking the right way, mother kept putting her hand in, which was distracting her, the boys were outside calling her, but we managed out of the 4 piccies to get the best of the worst piccies ever.

I had already taken my own pictures of the 5 of us and printed them to the right size and they look far better than the crap that cost £17.50 from the post office.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 8:44 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THREE kids and a photo booth!

Originally Posted by planty
What's your story?

As you may have seen we got our ITA this week, our kids are always early risers, even at the week end. I usually take the boys swimming on a Saturday but decided that we'd best get the photo's out the way.

Went to the shop where a man takes your photo with a special instant Polaroid that develops 4 little pixies just the right size, ( like this option as you can stand behind him getting them to actually look at you ), the shop was closed for holiday's, re-opening on Monday. No good to wife and boys, they're in school.
Went down the road to post office, and the booths, first had to get some change and after standing in the queue the teller said "Oh I haven't got much change, I pointed to family waiting to climb all over the booth, got the change.

Thought lets start with the difficult one, put the seat up as high as it would go and plonked her on the it, too short, looked around, next to booth was a pile of maps for sale, plonked them on the seat and then Bethany on top of them, she was having none of it and clung like a limpet.

Ok, lets do biggest sat him on the seat, still wasn't high enough, again looking around the shop spotted reams of printer paper, ran over grabbed 3, sat him on 1, the machine did a count down and hey presto one done.

The next took his place on the seat, had to add an extra ream, the machine did its count down 3 2 1 and as it said 1 he looked down to look at the picture it hadn't yet taken, 3 times he did this, and just got him on the last go.

Not a lot of room in these booths as you know, 3 reams on the seat we go for Bethany again, this time I climbed in the front sat on the floor firstly so show her she wasn't going to fall and I was there if she did, and secondly so I could tap on the glass with the camera behind it to make sure she was looking the right way, mother kept putting her hand in, which was distracting her, the boys were outside calling her, but we managed out of the 4 piccies to get the best of the worst piccies ever.

I had already taken my own pictures of the 5 of us and printed them to the right size and they look far better than the crap that cost £17.50 from the post office.
LOL Planty, the trials & tribulations of trying to organise the family at anytime is bad enough but even worse at photo time huh?
Had a real giggle reading your account. Glad to hear that you finally got it all sorted.
Shall look forward to other postings from you telling us the stories as they happen on your road to immigration.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:07 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Great story Nigel!!

Just the start of the fun I'm sure.

How old are your kids?
Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
Great story Nigel!!

Just the start of the fun I'm sure.

How old are your kids?
Twin boys, Robert and Owen are 6, and Bethany was 3 last week

How old are your 3?
Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:49 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by planty
Twin boys, Robert and Owen are 6, and Bethany was 3 last week

How old are your 3?
Rose is 7, Max is 5 and William's 3

William has his 4th birthday 4 days after we arrive - so anyone got a masterplan on how to rustle up loads of 4 year olds for a party?