Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A thread to say nice things in :) ...

A thread to say nice things in :) ...

Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:09 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A thread to say nice things in :) ...

......I'll start .....

In a report from the UN last week, NZ was rated as having the best education system in the world and 5th in the world for human development :

http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 6th 2011 at 5:14 am. Reason: with OP's blessing :wub:
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

yorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A thread to say nice things in :) ...

Yay - at last something positive !!

Have to admit we love NZ. Only been here since February and 'yes' we may not be as 'well off' as were were in the UK financially, but, we live in an awesome town and have some wonderful friends both Kiwi and English. We do lots of family activities together and have friends round for socials - real quality family and friend time, which we hardly did in the UK. The kids are thriving at school and do sport activities most days after school. The kids also have so much more freedom here than they ever did ! We have had to cut our cloth accordingly, as I am not working (so no more new outfits for me every week), and are not so materialistic anymore. Would never want to go back to UK.

Would also like to add that if anyone comes to Taupo, we have a spare room here that you welcome to use.

Andrea
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:39 am

Great stuff Yorkylass. You've got the idea.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:23 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I Have more of a social life here and am more fitter going to the gym 3/4 times a week and walking never bothered In the uk in fact I feel and look better than I ever did in my old age my husband also is into Cycling and going in races.

AND USUALLY GREAT SUMMERS.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see a positive thread . My life isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn good.
I've stayed away from here for a long time because whilst I'd never make criticisms on another posters comments...it's all down to perspective & personal circumstances & we all have different experiences, I have got a little bored with the NZ is expensive kind of threads.
Not saying it's cheap, quite the opposite, but for me & mine it's been possible to cut expenses here & there, & cut our coat to suit our cloth. And we have a great lifestyle, although these days we're far more likely to spend our spare time walking our dogs through the local forest or in lakeside reserves, or along almost deserted beaches, or riding our bikes, rather than my old habit of visiting Bluewater & shopping, shopping, shopping.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:38 am

It's a great evening for 'bonfire night'. I'm having a bit of a nosey out the window. I might light a sparkler and head for the neighbours ....
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

The fireworks over Wellington Harbour were 'awesome' and unlike last year it was a perfectly clear night, so maybe not a waste of NZ$190k.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

My tea was nice; asparagus soup, homemade bread, strawberries and cream.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

I am just about to have a delicious curry.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I am just about to have a delicious curry.
I'm trying to put this as nicely as possible and sugar coat my response, so would you kindly take your delicious Aussie curry eat it quietly and keep it to yourself, please.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:15 am

I'm about to brush my teeth using some of the contents of my 'cheap as chips' $1.99 120g tube of Colgate toothpaste, and then head to bed.

Last edited by waikatoguy; Nov 5th 2011 at 10:25 am. Reason: Changed price of toothpaste because I remembered I bought it on special from Countdown
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I'm trying to put this as nicely as possible and sugar coat my response, so would you kindly take your delicious Aussie curry eat it quietly and keep it to yourself, please.
My apologies I must have the incorrect thread I thought this was

A thread to say nice things in ...
Do you want some?

It is a nice Chicken Tikka Masala.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am not allowed to say what I really would like to say to you Mr Nice Guy on this very nice, polite and charming thread. Suffice to say that you don't really need you to rub it in how delicious and nice was your lovely Chicken Tikka Marsala, because we in NZ are in a 'nice Chicken Tikka Masala' free zone.

Thank you very much, kind Sir.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:26 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I had a lovely dinner of poppodoms, chicken tikka and chicken balti tonight. Granted, I did have to cook it myself from scratch...
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I am not allowed to say what I really would like to say to you Mr Nice Guy on this very nice, polite and charming thread. Suffice to say that you don't really need you to rub it in how delicious and nice was your lovely Chicken Tikka Marsala, because we in NZ are in a 'nice Chicken Tikka Masala' free zone.

Thank you very much, kind Sir.
Errrr.............I am somewhat at amiss, have I upset you in some way?

If you want to take it to PM to avoid any disagreements on this thread, then fire away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.