BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Things you thought you`d never do

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Laugh at Pukeko's on a daily basis.
Old May 16th 2010, 10:40 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
What?! You have to admit, they are just hilarious? Never fail to bring a smile to my face ...
Old May 16th 2010, 1:29 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Loving this thread great idea!

Looking forward to experiencing a lot of things you have all mentioned

I agree Pukeko's are hilarious, why do their feet have to be sooo big?!
The ones in the land at the back of my parents house come running to the balcony when my dad does a particular whistle, it really tickled me seeing them awkwardly running across the field and jumping over the fence - clumsy little things
Old May 17th 2010, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ash1
Hi,
What have you done since arriving in New Zealand that you would never have imagined doing before. Or things that you have seen that you didn`t expect (keep it clean!!)
I`ve got a few but i`ll start with something i didn`t really care about in the UK but have grown an interest in here. Nature. The fact that i have often seen dolphins and especially Orka Whales from my deck. In fact a few months ago i heard the Orkas before i saw them, because of their breathing through their blow holes. There where 2 adults and 2 babies (all though i wouldn`t want them sitting on my lap) and the babies where playing. It bought a tear to my eye to be so close to something so close(i used to be a big tuff builder you know!!!!!)
Oh and while i`m in touch with nature. The birds. I think they are called Rozzillas or Rossillas. Anyway, they are like a parrot but much more colour.
Over to you guys.
Ash
heres a few from me...

going to fiji for a holiday
seeing americas cup yacht racing live
getting a kiwi passport
swimming with the dolphins
experiencing an earthquake
seeing a volcano
being able to pronounce whakatane without sniggering
seeing a copy of the treaty of waitangi
knowing what the treaty of waitangi is
seeing "watch out for penguins crossing" roadsigns
Old May 17th 2010, 7:49 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Watch a whale get rescued and re-floated at the beach across the road from my house.
this has to be the best one ever
Old May 17th 2010, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by pixi-dust

Attached Thumbnails Things you thought you`d never do-free-nobbie-002.jpg  
Old May 17th 2010, 8:47 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW that has got to have been amazing. Did the whale get back out to sea ok?

Dewb
Old May 17th 2010, 8:50 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
oops sorry missed this post, so all was good then

Dewb
Old May 17th 2010, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go:
-experiencing an earthquake....4 days after we arrived!
-watching my sons ( quietly) from the sidelines as they play full on tackle rugby,basketball,teeball,rippa rugby
-attending so many rugby and basketball matches
-watching the All Blacks in NZ (19th June )
-Go to see Scotland in a rugby world cup ( 2011 )
-letting my kids go away from my view to play AND NOT WORRY ABOUT THEM
-letting the kids go in the water and the sand and not worry that we don't have a change of clothes for them
-seeing my son chosen to represent the school in a spelling comp but turnit down as it clashed with rugby practice. He has also been chosen to take part in a maths solving extension group for kids who show talent in maths. It is a nationwide event with 40,000 kids taking part in 5 events over 5 months,all at school. Normally year 6 and above pupils get chosen.He is year 5.They have also been entered in Australasian problem solving maths olympiad which is held in schools on Oz and NZ; and if that's not enough he has also been chosen as 1 of 5 pupils to attend a National Young leaders day for pupils who they feel " have strong leadership potential and who will be inspired,motivated and empowered in their leadership potential and enhance their contributions to both the school and community by attending this event." To say we are proud of him is putting it mildly.
-being able to walk on the beach after a crap day at work to help me unwind
-see a kiwi
-spend Xmas day on the beach
-go up the gondola at Christchurch AND Queenstown ( scared of heights and high open spaces )
-go fishing
-went on a boat at Milford Sounds ( DO NOT like boats)

these are just a few wee things and may not seem that much to many of you but to me they are things I would never have done back in Scotland.

Phyl x
Old May 17th 2010, 10:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Dewb09
WOW that has got to have been amazing. Did the whale get back out to sea ok?

Dewb
I believe Ash1 may be the guy to ask about this.
Old May 18th 2010, 2:13 am

Nobbie did indeed get back out.
Attached Thumbnails Things you thought you`d never do-free-nobbie-021.jpg  
Old May 18th 2010, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Nobbie did indeed get back out.
It was truelly amazing to watch. There must been over 5 thousand people on the beach cheering and then crying as the whale kicked then kicked again and set off into the surf. Awesome.
Old May 18th 2010, 8:41 am
Scorchy legs

awww how lovely to have been a part of that experience

Dewb
Old May 18th 2010, 7:37 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Started a business (too much hassle in the UK)
Lived by the sea (too expensive in the UK)
Go fishing (staring out to see with stunning scenery here, some industrial estate in the UK! Pollution)
Buy a 4x4 (hated them in the UK, a necessity here)
Live in a bungalow (it's what old people do in the UK, it's all you get here)
Have a house with no heating or double glazing! (it's all you get here!)
Buy 2 kittens (it's such a move, we got them for the kids to help settle)
Paddle in the sea in the middle of Autumn (although I did go skinny dipping in Brighton in September! Youth!)

There is more, just can't remember them all!
Old May 18th 2010, 7:41 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Bathe in hot salt water pools.

Laugh at Pukekos on a daily basis.
With you on those 2 .

Pukekos....we are 5 minutes from Shakespear Park, home to the largest group of these birds in New Zealand......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.