Reload this Page >

Temporary work visa

Temporary work visa

Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

pauld5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Temporary work visa

Hi

I'm a fed up physio working in Northern Ireland and I'm registered to work in NZ . My goal is to go to Aus but the process is taking forever. So I'm looking at working for 6 months in NZ, anyone experienced locum work in NZ? Paul
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Newbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Temporary work visa

Hi Paul,

We are also from NI!My partner has recently graduated from UU as a physio. He has accepted a job in the Bay of Plenty in NZ and we hope to be out their by November. He has a friend that worked as a physio Locum for a year in NZ and he appartently had no problem getting work.
A few websites that you might find useful are;
www.physiobobs.com - if you click on the NZ flag you will see all the physio jobs available. I think there is also a forum on their which you mite find useful!
Also try
http://www.physiotherapy.org.nz/
I was just on that website and their is currently about 10 physio locum positions!Dont be put of by the date that the job was posted, as the job my partner has accepted was advertised for 6 months and he was the 1st to respond!!!!
My partner is currently persuing regs so if you hav any advice on that it would be great!He has been working on it for months, just tidyin it up and really afraid that we will hav forgot to add somethin!

Good luck
Charlene
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

pauld5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Temporary work visa

Charlene

The NZ registration does take a while, it really does require your partner to go through the comptencies and literally evidence each one, include the sub categories too. But the good thing is that your partners degree is the 4 year BSc (Hons) which is more readily accepted by the board.

Unfortunately I have to put the NZ jobs on the "back burner" for the forseeable future, but the move to Aus is still my main priority. I was offered an interview for places in Auckland and Wellington, more's the pity. But hey that's the way it goes.

Good luck with the registration.

Paul