telephones

Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:57 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default telephones

Hi
stupid question but do uk phones/answer machines work ok in nz. We are over in uk for holiday and thinking of bringing back a phone (better range) but i suddenly thought....
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: telephones

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Hi
stupid question but do uk phones/answer machines work ok in nz. We are over in uk for holiday and thinking of bringing back a phone (better range) but i suddenly thought....
Yes they do
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

themoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant future

ours works fine
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:38 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themoores
ours works fine
Cool thanx. Can't believe the choice of stuff here and the amount of Poles ! Only been away few years but so much seems alien now.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:16 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

No probs with ours either
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

The only function that won't work with a UK landline phone in NZ is caller ID
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

mobiles will need to be unlocked before taking back with you, incase you feel like getting new mobiles as well
Old Jun 20th 2008, 5:04 pm
Stoke City fanatic

Originally Posted by julesnye
mobiles will need to be unlocked before taking back with you, incase you feel like getting new mobiles as well
Yea getting a new mobile and fortunately my bro in law is a computer freak and can un lock them so he will see me right, to tempting not to get a new one.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

When I was there in January my mobile worked fine. Called NZ landlines and mobiles and received calls no problem. Caller ID worked OK as well.
No need to unlock but I had a UK SIM card that I was using. I don't know if this makes a difference.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:50 pm
Stoke City fanatic

Originally Posted by JasonSouthYorks
When I was there in January my mobile worked fine. Called NZ landlines and mobiles and received calls no problem. Caller ID worked OK as well.
No need to unlock but I had a UK SIM card that I was using. I don't know if this makes a difference.
Yea need to unlock it to put my nz sim in.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JasonSouthYorks
Careful what you were paying though, a call on a UK mobile to a NZ number, even while in NZ, is counted as calling abroad. Certainly always has on mine.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:04 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Careful what you were paying though, a call on a UK mobile to a NZ number, even while in NZ, is counted as calling abroad. Certainly always has on mine.
Yeah and you could well be paying for the incoming calls on your UK mobile too......yowch!
We did not have to unlock any of our handsets in NZ but they were old old Vodafone and Vodafone unlocked to Orange ones.......
There are plenty of market stalls and little computer/fone shops that will do it for Vodafone if you need to......
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:27 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

In NZ there are only two mobile phone service suppliers, Telecom and Vodaphone

Telecom use a SIMless system, if you go this route you will have to get a new phone.

Vodaphone use a standard SIM system as used in the UK. But you will have to get your UK mobile unlocked before leaving the UK. There are lots of market stalls and small phone shops who will do this for you.

When you arrive in NZ, go to a Vodaphone shop and buy a SIM, pop it into your phone and away you go.