Reload this Page >

Tauranga or Papamoa Meet up

Tauranga or Papamoa Meet up

Old Mar 12th 2011, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

louloubell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tauranga or Papamoa Meet up

Hi,

My husband & I moved here about a year ago and looking to increase our circle of friends. My husband runs a business from home & I am a housewife (trying to get into screenplay writing)...

We LOVE Papamoa but finding it a little too quiet

We are in our early thirties and would love to meet up with any expats in the area

I am originally from NZ but spent the last 10yrs in the UK however my husband is English (Bristol boy)!

Drop me a PM if anyone is interested in having a drink with us!

Cheers, Lou
Old Mar 12th 2011, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Tauranga or Papamoa Meet up

Originally Posted by louloubell
Hi,

My husband & I moved here about a year ago and looking to increase our circle of friends. My husband runs a business from home & I am a housewife (trying to get into screenplay writing)...

We are in our early thirties and would love to meet up with any expats in the area

I am originally from NZ but spent the last 10yrs in the UK however my husband is English (Bristol boy)!

Cheers, Lou
**actually just read you have to make 3 forum posts before you are able to use the private messaging...so plse just reply under this thread - thanks :-)
Old Mar 12th 2011, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I have sent you a private message. You will love Papamoa once you get used to it. We left there last Sunday having spent six weeks with our family.

June
Old Mar 13th 2011, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

We are in Cambridge but go to the mount a fair bit!

Drop me a pm and ill send you our number. We are having a bit of a do on the 26th if you want to travel and dont mind meeting new people! Any way your choice, we are from dorset and are in our VERY early 40's (crap im old)
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by witty
We are in Cambridge but go to the mount a fair bit!

Drop me a pm and ill send you our number. We are having a bit of a do on the 26th if you want to travel and dont mind meeting new people! Any way your choice, we are from dorset and are in our VERY early 40's (crap im old)
Thanks so much Witty - I have PM you
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:27 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

We probably are overdue a BE meet up, it's just sometimes a bit hard to organise to fit in around everyone and all their different commitments. Everyone seems so busy!

We used to try and arrange them for evening drinks at Rain, how are you newbies fixed for babysitters?

Alternatively BBQ's and picnics are an alternative? I don't mind putting the word out if you lot decide what you want to do and then some of us oldies can come along!
Old Mar 19th 2011, 5:24 am
Just Joined

LewisNScarlett is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be your friend

We are a couple in our early 30s, we have EXACTLY the same problem, we moved to Papamoa about a year ago, bought a house, etc, but haven't made too many friends (How many is too many? ).

I think it's hard when your not part of a community like a church and even in some social clubs (sports clubs, etc) it's hard making friends that you'd do anything other than play sports with.

Plus it would be cool to have some English friends here
Old Mar 19th 2011, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
We probably are overdue a BE meet up, it's just sometimes a bit hard to organise to fit in around everyone and all their different commitments. Everyone seems so busy!

We used to try and arrange them for evening drinks at Rain, how are you newbies fixed for babysitters?

Alternatively BBQ's and picnics are an alternative? I don't mind putting the word out if you lot decide what you want to do and then some of us oldies can come along!
Hi AM Loolah

That would be great to have drinks or BBQ's... picnics - sounds like a fun plan!! We're really easy and 'children' free so whatever works best for the others - just count us in!!
Old Mar 19th 2011, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LewisNScarlett
I'll be your friend

We are a couple in our early 30s, we have EXACTLY the same problem, we moved to Papamoa about a year ago, bought a house, etc, but haven't made too many friends (How many is too many? ).

I think it's hard when your not part of a community like a church and even in some social clubs (sports clubs, etc) it's hard making friends that you'd do anything other than play sports with.

Plus it would be cool to have some English friends here
Awesome - just Pm you
Old Mar 21st 2011, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Thumbs down Re: Tauranga or Papamoa Meet up

Argh, I can't view PM's because of the 3 posts rule...
Old Mar 21st 2011, 3:02 am
Just Joined

Argh, I can't view PM's because of the 3 posts rule...
But wait - this is my 3rd post. Now to discover what secrets lie within the elusive PM system that is protected so harshly
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:33 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

But wait - this is my 3rd post. Now to discover what secrets lie within the elusive PM system that is protected so harshly
Ooooo, sit back and have oxygen to hand ....
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Angelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really nice

Originally Posted by louloubell
Hi,

Cheers, Lou
Hey, I have just moved to Otumoetai and work in Gate Pa. My hubbie will be here in about 6 weeks, of similar age etc would be fab to meet up some time! I don't have a car though and given how naff the buses are at night, would probably need to be on a weekend
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for the message - I have just PM you speak soon!

Originally Posted by Angelaoliver
Hey, I have just moved to Otumoetai and work in Gate Pa. My hubbie will be here in about 6 weeks, of similar age etc would be fab to meet up some time! I don't have a car though and given how naff the buses are at night, would probably need to be on a weekend
Old Mar 24th 2011, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

Me and the better half would be up for one of those drinks if you organise it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.