British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Tauranga or Papamoa Meet up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/tauranga-papamoa-meet-up-709067/)

louloubell Mar 12th 2011 8:47 pm

Tauranga or Papamoa Meet up

Hi,

My husband & I moved here about a year ago and looking to increase our circle of friends. My husband runs a business from home & I am a housewife (trying to get into screenplay writing)...:D

We LOVE Papamoa but finding it a little too quiet :confused:

We are in our early thirties and would love to meet up with any expats in the area :)

I am originally from NZ but spent the last 10yrs in the UK however my husband is English (Bristol boy)!

Drop me a PM if anyone is interested in having a drink with us!

Cheers, Lou

louloubell Mar 12th 2011 9:22 pm

Re: Tauranga or Papamoa Meet up

Originally Posted by louloubell (Post 9235334)
Hi,

My husband & I moved here about a year ago and looking to increase our circle of friends. My husband runs a business from home & I am a housewife (trying to get into screenplay writing)...:D

We are in our early thirties and would love to meet up with any expats in the area :)

I am originally from NZ but spent the last 10yrs in the UK however my husband is English (Bristol boy)!

Cheers, Lou

**actually just read you have to make 3 forum posts before you are able to use the private messaging...so plse just reply under this thread - thanks :-)

Margaret Parkinson Mar 12th 2011 9:58 pm

I have sent you a private message. You will love Papamoa once you get used to it. We left there last Sunday having spent six weeks with our family.:thumbsup:

June

witty Mar 13th 2011 11:13 pm

We are in Cambridge but go to the mount a fair bit!

Drop me a pm and ill send you our number. We are having a bit of a do on the 26th if you want to travel and dont mind meeting new people! Any way your choice, we are from dorset and are in our VERY early 40's (crap im old)

louloubell Mar 14th 2011 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by witty (Post 9237674)
We are in Cambridge but go to the mount a fair bit!

Drop me a pm and ill send you our number. We are having a bit of a do on the 26th if you want to travel and dont mind meeting new people! Any way your choice, we are from dorset and are in our VERY early 40's (crap im old)

Thanks so much Witty - I have PM you :thumbup:

Am Loolah Mar 16th 2011 8:27 pm

We probably are overdue a BE meet up, it's just sometimes a bit hard to organise to fit in around everyone and all their different commitments. Everyone seems so busy!

We used to try and arrange them for evening drinks at Rain, how are you newbies fixed for babysitters?

Alternatively BBQ's and picnics are an alternative? I don't mind putting the word out if you lot decide what you want to do and then some of us oldies can come along!:p

LewisNScarlett Mar 19th 2011 5:24 am

I'll be your friend :)

We are a couple in our early 30s, we have EXACTLY the same problem, we moved to Papamoa about a year ago, bought a house, etc, but haven't made too many friends (How many is too many? :huh:).

I think it's hard when your not part of a community like a church and even in some social clubs (sports clubs, etc) it's hard making friends that you'd do anything other than play sports with.

Plus it would be cool to have some English friends here :D

louloubell Mar 19th 2011 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 9244600)
We probably are overdue a BE meet up, it's just sometimes a bit hard to organise to fit in around everyone and all their different commitments. Everyone seems so busy!

We used to try and arrange them for evening drinks at Rain, how are you newbies fixed for babysitters?

Alternatively BBQ's and picnics are an alternative? I don't mind putting the word out if you lot decide what you want to do and then some of us oldies can come along!:p

Hi AM Loolah :)

That would be great to have drinks or BBQ's... picnics - sounds like a fun plan!! We're really easy and 'children' free so whatever works best for the others - just count us in!! :thumbup:

louloubell Mar 19th 2011 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by LewisNScarlett (Post 9249684)
I'll be your friend :)

We are a couple in our early 30s, we have EXACTLY the same problem, we moved to Papamoa about a year ago, bought a house, etc, but haven't made too many friends (How many is too many? :huh:).

I think it's hard when your not part of a community like a church and even in some social clubs (sports clubs, etc) it's hard making friends that you'd do anything other than play sports with.

Plus it would be cool to have some English friends here :D

Awesome - just Pm you :)

LewisNScarlett Mar 21st 2011 3:01 am

:blink: Argh, I can't view PM's because of the 3 posts rule... :thumbdown:

LewisNScarlett Mar 21st 2011 3:02 am

Originally Posted by LewisNScarlett (Post 9253362)
:blink: Argh, I can't view PM's because of the 3 posts rule... :thumbdown:

But wait - this is my 3rd post. Now to discover what secrets lie within the elusive PM system that is protected so harshly :rolleyes:

Am Loolah Mar 21st 2011 10:33 am

Originally Posted by LewisNScarlett (Post 9253365)
But wait - this is my 3rd post. Now to discover what secrets lie within the elusive PM system that is protected so harshly :rolleyes:

Ooooo, sit back and have oxygen to hand ....

Angelaoliver Mar 23rd 2011 6:55 am

Originally Posted by louloubell (Post 9235334)
Hi,

Cheers, Lou

Hey, I have just moved to Otumoetai and work in Gate Pa. My hubbie will be here in about 6 weeks, of similar age etc would be fab to meet up some time! I don't have a car though and given how naff the buses are at night, would probably need to be on a weekend :)

louloubell Mar 23rd 2011 8:05 am

Hi, thanks for the message - I have just PM you :) speak soon!

Originally Posted by Angelaoliver (Post 9258469)
Hey, I have just moved to Otumoetai and work in Gate Pa. My hubbie will be here in about 6 weeks, of similar age etc would be fab to meet up some time! I don't have a car though and given how naff the buses are at night, would probably need to be on a weekend :)

rason Mar 24th 2011 2:27 am

Me and the better half would be up for one of those drinks if you organise it.:thumbsup: