Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A taste of NZ DIY TV in the UK!

A taste of NZ DIY TV in the UK!

Old Jul 4th 2005, 9:32 pm

NZ_BOUND will become famous soon enoughNZ_BOUND will become famous soon enough
Post A taste of NZ DIY TV in the UK!

My wife has found a NZ TV programme on Sky here in the UK called 'Property Rescue'. Check it out it's on 'Real Estate TV' which is channel 250 on Sky at 9.30am and throughout the day.

For all the peeps still in the UK, it gives you a taste of NZ TV and a slight insight to property/area over there. It's a bit of a funny programme (i.e. a couple of jokes cracked every now and then) and I suppose because I'm trying to liken it to UK it seems a bit strange.

We're not going planning to go to NZ for the TV though!
Old Jul 4th 2005, 10:45 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all
Default Re: A taste of NZ DIY TV in the UK!

Originally Posted by NZ_BOUND
Tis a good job (unless you like adverts)
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:10 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NZ_BOUND
My wife has found a NZ TV programme on Sky here in the UK called 'Property Rescue'. Check it out it's on 'Real Estate TV' which is channel 250 on Sky at 9.30am and throughout the day.

For all the peeps still in the UK, it gives you a taste of NZ TV and a slight insight to property/area over there. It's a bit of a funny programme (i.e. a couple of jokes cracked every now and then) and I suppose because I'm trying to liken it to UK it seems a bit strange.

I've been watching it and it is cringe worthy !!! We've started to hit the mute button when the plinky plinky music comes on! They seem to have the opposite approach to The House Doctor and love to splash colour everywhere!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:18 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
I've been watching it and it is cringe worthy !!! We've started to hit the mute button when the plinky plinky music comes on! They seem to have the opposite approach to The House Doctor and love to splash colour everywhere!
I hate the way they keep knocking out the beautiful original features, such as round arches, and making them all modern and square. My kids love the female presenter Petra though - she looks like she should be presenting some Saturday morning show!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
I don't think the House Doctor ever reached NZ. House Doctor was must view TV in the UK for us when we were planning to come to NZ. It really got us motivated to tidy the house up for sale. It is ok to de-clutter but what do you do with it all? That was our problem.

Rob
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:18 am
life is what happens

moose1 will become famous soon enoughmoose1 will become famous soon enough

here's another nz program, the kids love it cos it's got cute fluffy animals in it.

The Zoo reality tv channel 187. Its set in Auckland zoo, on every day at 1pm UK tiem