Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:58 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tarot/'alternative' evening

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Is that pickled in Tequila?
yep, top shelf, along with me lungs!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

We should have a Halloween party, just not at halloween!!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Dreamfish and I have just been discussing the above.
Anyone fancy having their card read as I do 'the cards'
Can anyone else offer anything?
Where?
When?
If it's at my house {which won't be a problem.....}, I will need to borrow a table to put in the spare room - don't really want to be doing readings in the living room in the midst of a full-on party.....
Karen

Im curious haw accurate are cards ......... or is it a stab in the dark ?......... spot the cynic
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:23 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Im curious haw accurate are cards ......... or is it a stab in the dark ?......... spot the cynic
Good question, should I really be worried if the Death card appears.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Knightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really nice

We better make sure to "erase" things we've done or said or we'll see them on the cards.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Ted Logan

Good question, should I really be worried if the Death card appears.
the death card is actually a good card to have come up. its the sign of change or transformation and should be regarded as symbolic rather than literal.

Is really quite a positive card to have. And depending upon where it falls in the spread will indicate whether it is linked to work, paths you have chosen or family.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:50 pm
big dave

Dave-G is a jewel in the roughDave-G is a jewel in the roughDave-G is a jewel in the roughDave-G is a jewel in the rough

Out to do with spirits count me in. Especially if it's a single malt
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:40 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Dave !!! Where you been matey ???
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welly Wife
U R so funny!!!!
She had a 50:50 chance of getting it right or wrong either way
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:07 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
She had a 50:50 chance of getting it right or wrong either way
True! Like saying "You're having a boy. Or a girl. But definitely one of the two!" And to some people, that in itself might be a relief, you never know!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
True! Like saying "You're having a boy. Or a girl. But definitely one of the two!" And to some people, that in itself might be a relief, you never know!
Hang on Maz, something is coming to me through the ether, a voice is telling me something... "I can see travel has been a big part of your life recently, you seem to have come along way to get to where you are in life just now"...wow, that was impressive wasn't it, who'd have guessed huh!!!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
Interested to see that you are willing to dis this subject when you have actually requested readings in the past. Thats quite sad to see. Are you a sheep or shepherd?

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Hang on Maz, something is coming to me through the ether, a voice is telling me something... "I can see travel has been a big part of your life recently, you seem to have come along way to get to where you are in life just now"...wow, that was impressive wasn't it, who'd have guessed huh!!!
I never get used to seeing this kinda ribbing on a subject I hold very closely to my heart. This isnt a direct attack on you irnbru, just an opportunity for me to sound off

I can understand why the 'uneducated' (on all things psychic/spiritualist) might like to take pots at what we practice; but I do get quite cross when people treat Tarot, Clairvoyance, Mediumship or Spiritualism as some sort of party piece.

It is disrespectful to the Tarot and to Spirit and those people who are willing to offer their time and channels to provide the subject with solace.

There is a strict etiquette that genuine 'practitioners' follow. Seems to me that the cynical posters on this thread have yet to meet the genuine article and so would do well to come along!

We are not all charlatans; there are many out there who charge for their 'services'; that annoys me too, especially as the most genuine of us out there will not ask for money.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
Interested to see that you are willing to dis this subject when you have actually requested readings in the past. Thats quite sad to see. Are you a sheep or shepherd?

I never get used to seeing this kinda ribbing on a subject I hold very closely to my heart. This isnt a direct attack on you irnbru, just an opportunity for me to sound off

I can understand why the 'uneducated' (on all things psychic/spiritualist) might like to take pots at what we practice; but I do get quite cross when people treat Tarot, Clairvoyance, Mediumship or Spiritualism as some sort of party piece.

It is disrespectful to the Tarot and to Spirit and those people who are willing to offer their time and channels to provide the subject with solace.

There is a strict etiquette that genuine 'practitioners' follow. Seems to me that the cynical posters on this thread have yet to meet the genuine article and so would do well to come along!

We are not all charlatans; there are many out there who charge for their 'services'; that annoys me too, especially as the most genuine of us out there will not ask for money.
"I can understand why the 'uneducated' (on all things psychic/spiritualist) might like to take pots at what we practice; but I do get quite cross when people treat Tarot, Clairvoyance, Mediumship or Spiritualism as some sort of party piece."

Hi Dreamfish........ Im just a sceptic and would love to think that there is something in it, im merely curious of it , the whole medium, tarrot and clairvoyance area, if I could be told something that only I should know by a complete stranger then I think I would be fully converted from sceptic to believer......... but there are lots of 'dubious' people out there who prey on people beliefs and insecurities, that is in no way a comment directed at yourself, merley aimed at the show ground fortune tellers who charge $$$$$, not that I have ever used one, just noticed the signs........... man I can ramble on a bit, all i am trying to say is if it was closer to chc I would be up for it ................

Does any of that make sense ??
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dreamfish

I have read a wee it about cold reading techniques and the likes, and how people who are possibly succeptable or vulnerable, especially after maybe the loss of a loved one, can be easily taken in by the charlatans you mention, its a nasty cynical way to get into peoples trust and to extort cash from those who, in a less emotional state of affairs, may know better.

Derren Brown's book, "Tricks of the Mind" does debunk a lot of the stuff and it can be an interesting read in places, though as ever with Mr Brown, you should sometimes take what he is saying with a wee pinch of salt!

People are free to believe in what they believe in, thats the joy of living in a free society, and I'd never diss anyone for what they think, even if I don't really agree with their thoughts, personally I'm wary and probably cynical towards a lot of this kinda stuff, mind you, I'm the same towards a big chunk of organised religion too, as a lot of it comes down to having a faith or belief in something that is, by its nature, unprovable by scientific method, and the book "The God Deluision" is interesting reading for anyone interested in the thinkings about belief and religion.

Again, personally I have things I believe in and things I have faith in that other people may possibly wonder about or may not understand why I feel like that about certain things, but each to their own, as long as nobody gets hurt!!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by alanmacc
"I can understand why the 'uneducated' (on all things psychic/spiritualist) might like to take pots at what we practice; but I do get quite cross when people treat Tarot, Clairvoyance, Mediumship or Spiritualism as some sort of party piece."

Hi Dreamfish........ Im just a sceptic and would love to think that there is something in it, im merely curious of it , the whole medium, tarrot and clairvoyance area, if I could be told something that only I should know by a complete stranger then I think I would be fully converted from sceptic to believer......... but there are lots of 'dubious' people out there who prey on people beliefs and insecurities, that is in no way a comment directed at yourself, merley aimed at the show ground fortune tellers who charge $$$$$, not that I have ever used one, just noticed the signs........... man I can ramble on a bit, all i am trying to say is if it was closer to chc I would be up for it ................

Does any of that make sense ??
yep perfect sense. And its healthy to be sceptical as long as you can have an open mind. Applies to anything I guess.

I still have that element of questionning and wondering, partly because I cant always get over how I get these messages. It blows my mind everytime and so I wonder what else could be going on in my mind! One of the reasons why i like working on complete strangers. It helps me to reaffirm my beliefs.

I would love this 'industry' to be better monitored, perhaps with issuing of licences, to better control who gets out there and preys on these vulnerable people especially.

Spiritualist organisations have a list of registered mediums and psychics on their books and people should consider contacting their local spiritualist church for a recommendation rather than picking someone out the yellow pages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.