Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The sunniest place in NZ to live

The sunniest place in NZ to live

Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:44 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice
Default Re: The sunniest place in NZ to live

With regard to smog, Christchurch is sometimes smoggy, but LA and most Euro cities are smoggy all the time. Try London on a "brown" day if you think Christchurch is bad. I have lost count of the number of times I have flown into London, and the visibility has been "3000m VCFU" (3000m in smoke) or less. The sun is shining, there are no clouds, but you can't see the runway from 1.5 miles...
Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:54 am
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
With regard to smog, Christchurch is sometimes smoggy, but LA and most Euro cities are smoggy all the time. Try London on a "brown" day if you think Christchurch is bad. I have lost count of the number of times I have flown into London, and the visibility has been "3000m VCFU" (3000m in smoke) or less. The sun is shining, there are no clouds, but you can't see the runway from 1.5 miles...
Not that i needed reminding but thank you for once again reminding me of one of the reasons why i don't want to live in London again. I did read somewhere on line that in winter chch is one of the smoggiest cities in the world due to its topographical nature.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

Hawkes Bay is particularly bad for the sun. Howwever I just cut my hair short (no 2) and spray factor 30 straight on every morning. I use factor 30 aftershave cream everyday on my face. Occasionally spray on my arms and legs, and never get burnt. Rarely take my shirt off when outside.
Roger
Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:25 pm
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Yes Christchurch can be bad. That's why I live near Wellington - the smog is on the way to South America before it has a chance to work out where it is!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:40 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
Yes Christchurch can be bad. That's why I live near Wellington - the smog is on the way to South America before it has a chance to work out where it is!
Just reminded me having watched one news last night.It said Wellington had broken its own records for rainfall last month with 19 days of non stop rain Was it that wet there?
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:22 pm
Banned

Not really. That was just Island Bay, and basically if any rain fell it was recorded, even if it was just a few drops. The fog problems accounted for most of it, I think.

No, if you want smog, you have to go to Christchurch, if you want rain, you have to go to Auckland. Sunshine belongs to Nelson. We just have the odd gentle breeze in Wellington...