Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The sun is scorchio!

The sun is scorchio!

Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:03 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The sun is scorchio!

Originally Posted by soulflour
GORGEOUS little girl

(now i'm even MORE broody for more! ha ha).

it IS hot isn't it - is this a late summer? I thought we were in autumn now? I'm really loving the heat right now cause the mornings and evenings aren't sweltering and we don't seem to have as much humidity up here?

SF

Mr B is so pleased that it's a bit cooler - I'm peed off I'm never too hot but then I'm not outside in it all day like he is. The cicadas don't know it's autumn though - they're still going for it
Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:42 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah, shes so beautiful.

Still very warm up here. But it rained this afternoon for about 5 minutes!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:57 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
And I have the day off work ... so Im off to the beach
Not a whole 75F ...24c .....

Blistering ...
Old Mar 9th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB
Im trying to work it
out
Ahhh bless what a cutie.
Debbie
Old Mar 10th 2007, 12:01 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Scorchio isn't the word for it today It's boiling To the extent that using the hoover is a major exercise in not expiring - so I'm not bothering
Old Mar 10th 2007, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Make the most of it.... its supposed to get a bit cooler this week. We desperately need some rain now so I'll be pleased if it tips down for a couple of days.

I had a gorgeous horse ride down on the beach this morning, met an English lady whos been here 30 odd years and rode with her for a while. it was sooooooooooooo hot but totally lovely to get out for a few hours.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 7:07 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Cute baby SarahB
Old Mar 10th 2007, 7:12 pm
must be a mid-life crisis

cathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nice

How cool does it get in winter?

We're hopefully moving out at the end of May, so we go from winter here to winter in NZ

I had sorta hoped that we'd have summer here and then come over in September, and have 2 summers

Best laid plans though.....
Old Mar 10th 2007, 8:25 pm
By name and by nature

Hi there. It depends on where you're going to live. In Auckland we had 3 really cold days last year but still nothing like the bone numbing cold we used to have in Europe. We arrived in winter and it was lovely - we didn't feel cold at all but that changes once you've had a summer under your belt. The further south you go, the colder the winter will be. And, check out the threads on here about cold houses
Old Mar 11th 2007, 1:42 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Not long got back from camping and the sun is searing out there!
Loving it ... just wish it was always this warm.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 1:35 pm

cathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nice

Cheers for that Batty,

We're hopefully headed for Taupo/Rotorua, I said to Clive from the start that if i'm moving halfway around the world, I don't want snow

I have heard that the houses are cold but i've been reading on this website that heating does exist in NZ, so that will probably be the top priority once we arrive. (once we have a house that is........ )
Old Mar 12th 2007, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cathynclive
How cool does it get in winter?

We're hopefully moving out at the end of May, so we go from winter here to winter in NZ

I had sorta hoped that we'd have summer here and then come over in September, and have 2 summers

Best laid plans though.....
Nearly as "cool" as it gets during a UK winter.

Burt
Old Mar 12th 2007, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

66 F here in London today........not bad seeing as its still winter?

Burt
Old Mar 12th 2007, 4:28 pm

I totally agree with you Burt, we've had a great winter here this year and today has been marvelous . I just don't want to be scraping my car too much - or worse of all - SNOW

I've heard that North Island is a lot milder in the winter and unless you live in the mountains, you don't get the white stuff, and a BBQ on the beach on Christmas day really appeals