Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Stupid question? EOI completion

Stupid question? EOI completion

Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice
Default Stupid question? EOI completion

Hi, just about to complete the EOI, but confused about the family question. ?Is it asking purely about family members that will be emigrating with you or all relatives. Please say former as I'll be here all day with latter.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:00 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid question? EOI completion

Originally Posted by McGowans
Hi, just about to complete the EOI, but confused about the family question. ?Is it asking purely about family members that will be emigrating with you or all relatives. Please say former as I'll be here all day with latter.
all rellies as they are interested in the ones you could sponsor in future!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice

That's what I dreaded, we've got hundreds between us, can I just keep it to the immediate family and their dependents?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice

Hi
I thought you only had to mention children, brothers, sisters, parents and inlaws for main applicants over 18. I didnt have to mention my sister kids.
Hope this helps.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:13 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
Hi
I thought you only had to mention children, brothers, sisters, parents and inlaws for main applicants over 18. I didnt have to mention my sister kids.
Hope this helps.
when I said rellies, I meant to say immediate family, not all your cuzzes, etc - you'll get them when you arrive bro'
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Do we have a consensus then, should we limit it to those we might think will try citing us for immigration purposes? I thought cousins, aunts etc might be too much, particularly as many are too old to travel anywhere!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:50 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

What NZIS wants:

names and basic details of your parents
names and basic details of your children
name and basic details of your partner
names and details of your partner's children if he/she has any that are not yours
names and basic details of your partner's parents

That's about it.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:07 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
What NZIS wants:

names and basic details of your parents
names and basic details of your children
name and basic details of your partner
names and details of your partner's children if he/she has any that are not yours
names and basic details of your partner's parents

That's about it.
What about siblings?... I could see my brother and his wife settle rather happily in NZ (once parents are no longer with us, which will undoubtedly be at least 15-20 years from now, they're in such excellent health). My brother is in land management and conservation after 21 years in the rat race working for Natwest!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:15 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz
What about siblings?... I could see my brother and his wife settle rather happily in NZ (once parents are no longer with us, which will undoubtedly be at least 15-20 years from now, they're in such excellent health). My brother is in land management and conservation after 21 years in the rat race working for Natwest!
I don't recall being asked to supply the names of siblings. However, if your brother was to apply and you were already resident he may well get a few extra points.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:58 pm
you dewty owld maan!

I don't recall being asked to supply the names of siblings. However, if your brother was to apply and you were already resident he may well get a few extra points.
We did sibs and they are a factor I guess if you end up sponsoring parents - as the balance of the family is the issue AFIK....
Old Sep 9th 2007, 4:45 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
We did sibs and they are a factor I guess if you end up sponsoring parents - as the balance of the family is the issue AFIK....
Thanks both. Hypothetical question (I hope!). Say parents pass away and brother and SIL fall in love with NZ. Would they be able to apply (both comfortably over 40) if I'm a PR / citizen by then?

Thanks.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:10 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Thanks both. Hypothetical question (I hope!). Say parents pass away and brother and SIL fall in love with NZ. Would they be able to apply (both comfortably over 40) if I'm a PR / citizen by then?

Thanks.

Here you go

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ysiblingchild/
Old Sep 9th 2007, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Maz

Thanks.
I got my PR last year at the age of 49. So, yeah, if brother and/or sister-in-law have the skills, why sure they can apply. They would be good up to 55.