Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Stopover in LA - US Visa Waiver

Stopover in LA - US Visa Waiver

Old Sep 15th 2010, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice
Default Stopover in LA - US Visa Waiver

Hi

Have just booked flights and noticed something about having to arrange a US visa waiver???

I've never heard of this, has anybody flew via LA recently and had to deal with this?

Many thanks for any advice
Old Sep 15th 2010, 5:24 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stopover in LA - US Visa Waiver

Originally Posted by dave77
Hi

Have just booked flights and noticed something about having to arrange a US visa waiver???

I've never heard of this, has anybody flew via LA recently and had to deal with this?

Many thanks for any advice
Yep, you can do it online, Air NZ web site has a link. Pretty straight forward, once done it lasts 12 months.
HTH
Old Sep 15th 2010, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnB
Yep, you can do it online, Air NZ web site has a link. Pretty straight forward, once done it lasts 12 months.
HTH
Thanks MnB, just starting to panic over the ever growing list of things to do!

Do you remember if there are costs involved in the visa waivers?

Cheers
Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all

Alright mate, it's just the ESTA you have to fill out, if you've been before the answer usually come straight back as your filling it in, otherwise you might have to wait up to 24hrs but it's nowt to worry about.

I'd get in sharpish if I were you, I'm sure I read somewhere that there gonna charge come the end of the month?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Toon_Nut
Alright mate, it's just the ESTA you have to fill out, if you've been before the answer usually come straight back as your filling it in, otherwise you might have to wait up to 24hrs but it's nowt to worry about.

I'd get in sharpish if I were you, I'm sure I read somewhere that there gonna charge come the end of the month?
Thanks Toon Nut, been to the US before so hopefully will be ok

Ooh better get in quick whilst its still free

Cheers
Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Unfortunately, the charges have already started - it's $14 per person.

You apply here
Old Sep 15th 2010, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rushmere
Unfortunately, the charges have already started - it's $14 per person.

You apply here
Doh! Thanks for the link