Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Stanmore / Arkles Bay areas

Stanmore / Arkles Bay areas

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:29 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stanmore / Arkles Bay areas

Originally Posted by killercat
if you ever get stuck we have a 17yr old who often babysits for people that wanna go and have a night of freedom.
I may be in touch....soon.........
Old Oct 4th 2011, 7:28 am
Beach bums :)

Boogieboard is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha its a small expats world hey folks... we are also half way up Kestrel so we are literally neighbours Simonsi! We have the same wonderful, obscured, occasional, only on tiptoes sea view.

And you're walking distance Gazmfc - we looked at a few on Hawaiin ourselves

Whose having the 1st BBQ then?

Last edited by Boogieboard; Oct 4th 2011 at 7:30 am.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 2:26 am

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

quiz night has moved to the other bar next door now- although we cant go as we too have two little ones that keep us very busy :-)
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

THE bar has recently changed hands so thats probably why its moved, as long as the same crowd go im sure it will remain a sucess as its really fran that makes it anyway :0
Although the drinks might be cheaper of if its moved lol

Originally Posted by lily77cat
quiz night has moved to the other bar next door now- although we cant go as we too have two little ones that keep us very busy :-)
Old Oct 31st 2011, 10:08 pm

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

oh- which bar has changed hands? the carp diem ?
the mexican has gone hasnt it? back to a bar?
we ate there once and it was not very good- orewa mexican was much better- although my OH makes a wicked chilli so very hard to beat :-)
Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Lucky you, my oh wont cook cant cook lol yes Carp Diem has changed hands a couple of weeks ago, never tried the Mexican but have heard the Thai is good there. My Daughter has been to Hola and loved it thou and shes hard to please

Originally Posted by lily77cat
oh- which bar has changed hands? the carp diem ?
the mexican has gone hasnt it? back to a bar?
we ate there once and it was not very good- orewa mexican was much better- although my OH makes a wicked chilli so very hard to beat :-)
Old Nov 1st 2011, 7:55 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all, first time I log in in ages (again!!), thought I'd have a look whilst sipping my morning cuppa and found this thread!

We haven't been able to make the quiz for a couple of months and had no idea it had been moved!! We were even thinking of popping round tonight or maybe next week, good job I saw this...

Where has it moved to, the old location round the corner? I'm guessing it's still on Weds at 7.30? Does anyone have a phone number for the new venue so I can book a table? And how come I've never met any of the other BE folks there before? So many questions!
Old Nov 1st 2011, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Water Lily, it moved a couple of weeks back to the old Neptune's. It's now called Harbour Village Cafe & Bar & tel no. (09) 424 1314.

We went the first week it was back there (Fran gave us a call!) & it was so much better than at Carpe Diem. Had food & alcohol much cheaper .

We are busy with the theatre again so can't go until the beginning of December.

Hope to see you in a few weeks time, it's been ages! (Our fault)