St Heliers

Old Jan 3rd 2015, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Parnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St Heliers

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Hence, confirming comments above from bearskin still hold true. Seems most only choose it because of the bragging rights that come with living somewhere suitably pretentious and expensive.
What's the opposite word I am looking for in regard pretentious?
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Parnell
What's the opposite word I am looking for in regard pretentious?
Unpretentious?

Natural, down to earth, humble.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a bit sweeping to accuse people of wanting bragging rights.

Without talking specific figures (for fear of being accused of bragging) my wife and I are on the hunt for a 3 bed property in the Ponsonby/Freemans Bay/Westmere locale and we have a few options on the table.

We could spread the search out further and get a bigger place, but as my wife and I aren't that concerned with heaps of outdoor space of any note and we like living near the city; walking distance to school, our respective work places, the supermarket and the gym (all every day places for us) we are willing to not live in a bigger place with a bigger back yard.

On the other hand we have good friends who are buying a 5 bed place somewhere down near Pukekohe with huge amounts of land for a similar price to our budget.

It's a very nice place, but it doesn't appeal to us, like the city living that we are seeking doesn't appeal to them.

Value is something that is perceived by the buyer, not by those sat around having a dig.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 8:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

For some it will be all about the dress circle post code and for some a lifestyle choice which they are able to afford to make.

We have a dress circle road even in this village. Makes me smile a bit.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Parnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
I think it's a bit sweeping to accuse people of wanting bragging rights.

Without talking specific figures (for fear of being accused of bragging) my wife and I are on the hunt for a 3 bed property in the Ponsonby/Freemans Bay/Westmere locale and we have a few options on the table.

We could spread the search out further and get a bigger place, but as my wife and I aren't that concerned with heaps of outdoor space of any note and we like living near the city; walking distance to school, our respective work places, the supermarket and the gym (all every day places for us) we are willing to not live in a bigger place with a bigger back yard.

On the other hand we have good friends who are buying a 5 bed place somewhere down near Pukekohe with huge amounts of land for a similar price to our budget.

It's a very nice place, but it doesn't appeal to us, like the city living that we are seeking doesn't appeal to them.

Value is something that is perceived by the buyer, not by those sat around having a dig.

We are looking with priority of having a view

St Heliers was purported to have the great view, but turns out the better view is further out South East.

The other areas seem to further fit in with the surrounding facilities and wider transport connections.

If I didn't have kids and Ponsonby and Freemans Bay would be on my wish list.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Unpretentious?

Natural, down to earth, humble.
Well done

Just checking your vocab
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Parnell

We are looking with priority of having a view

St Heliers was purported to have the great view, but turns out the better view is further out South East.

The other areas seem to further fit in with the surrounding facilities and wider transport connections.

If I didn't have kids and Ponsonby and Freemans Bay would be on my wish list.

I suppose one persons great view is different to another persons great view.

I often cycle out through Mission Bay, Kohimarama and St Heliers and round in to Glendowie. I don't really cycle with a planned route as such so I can't tell you specific road names but inland up the the relatively hilly bits there are some smashing views.

I'd recommend having an explore up there to check out the roads within the perimeter of Riddel Rd, St Heliers Bay Road and Kohimarama Road;

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@-36.8565827,174.8625725,15z.

Last edited by TommyLuck; Jan 5th 2015 at 12:32 am.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
I suppose one persons great view is different to another persons great view.

I often cycle out through Mission Bay, Kohimarama and St Heliers and round in to Glendowie. I don't really cycle with a planned route as such so I can't tell you specific road names but inland up the the relatively hilly bits there are some smashing views.

I'd recommend having an explore up there to check out the roads within the perimeter of Riddel Rd, St Heliers Bay Road and Kohimarama Road;

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@-36.8565827,174.8625725,15z.
For me though the view I already get from my corner office in Quay Street

What we were after is a "home" view - different in looking out over blue and green not just blue and masses of houses. If that makes sense?

Wife was disappointed when the view was full of a container ship coming in to port. I did suggest it could also have been a passenger liner next time. But think the views over waiheke and across the hunuas and back to city and rangitoto are just too good from our perspective. And she is using the Cockle Bay property as a bench mark so ultimately her decision has been made LOL

I got the train too Papakura and rode out to Kawakawa bay through Clevedon last weekend.