British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Spoke to my 1st Kiwi today (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/spoke-my-1st-kiwi-today-634140/)

Kija Oct 5th 2009 10:05 pm

Spoke to my 1st Kiwi today

Not sure if this is the place to post this or if I should have posted it in the immigration section :confused:

Well today we went to the NZ embassy here in Cairo and I have to say, they were very helpful indeed. We also met and talked to our first Kiwi, and I have to say what a pleasant and friendly chap he was. He was from Invercargill and was doing some sort of caravan tour in the area.

We also called our resident advisor for the first time today too and she was lovely.

My first impressions of the Kiwis we saw & talked to today are that they are easy going, casual and pleasant people. Gosh makes me want to get there even more!

love30stm Oct 5th 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Spoke to my 1st Kiwi today

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 7991934)
Not sure if this is the place to post this or if I should have posted it in the immigration section :confused:

Well today we went to the NZ embassy here in Cairo and I have to say, they were very helpful indeed. We also met and talked to our first Kiwi, and I have to say what a pleasant and friendly chap he was. He was from Invercargill and was doing some sort of caravan tour in the area.

We also called our resident advisor for the first time today too and she was lovely.

My first impressions of the Kiwis we saw & talked to today are that they are easy going, casual and pleasant people. Gosh makes me want to get there even more!

With not much sense of humour! no im joking or am I :p

seriously you get people that are friendly and some that arent everywhere in the world believe me.

this charming man Oct 6th 2009 12:00 am

i thought it was Doctor Dolittle starting this thread at first.

love30stm Oct 6th 2009 12:10 am

Originally Posted by this charming man (Post 7992147)

:p:rofl::rofl:

kiwichicks Oct 6th 2009 6:24 am

Disagree think the Kiwi's have a sense of humour, we just don't understand it

We are honestly enjoying our growing circle of Kiwi friends and enjoy their company at least they are honest:thumbsup:

D :D

Dewb09 Oct 6th 2009 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 7991934)

Ahhh you should meet my hubby :wub: the worlds nicest person with a great big heart and amazing easy going nature :thumbsup:

(very little sense of humour :eek:) well cant have it all :rofl:

Dewb xx

Dewb09 Oct 6th 2009 6:29 am

:rofl::rofl:

Kija Oct 6th 2009 11:54 am

:rofl:

Kija Oct 6th 2009 11:59 am

The thing about humour is it really differs from country to country. Can't beat British humour but tbh sometimes I don't understand it (and I lived there for a few years and I'm a big fan of British comedy).

Egyptian comedy is very popular in the Middle East (don't ask me why though!), yet Middle Easterners sometimes get that blank expression when an Egyptian tells a joke, so I really think it differs from people to people.

Am Loolah Oct 6th 2009 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 7993449)
The thing about humour is it really differs from country to country. Can't beat British humour but tbh sometimes I don't understand it (and I lived there for a few years and I'm a big fan of British comedy).

Egyptian comedy is very popular in the Middle East (don't ask me why though!), yet Middle Easterners sometimes get that blank expression when an Egyptian tells a joke, so I really think it differs from people to people.

I can only speak from personal experience ... I find me hilarious.:)

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 6th 2009 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 7993481)

I find you hilarious too:p:rofl:

Charismatic Oct 6th 2009 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 7992062)
With not much sense of humour! no im joking or am I :p

Are you sure it’s them and not just your sense of “humour” ;).

Charismatic Oct 6th 2009 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 7993449)
Egyptian comedy...

Thats a gem all right:

lardyl Oct 6th 2009 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 7993481)

don't know whether to laff or cry...........:rofl:

Caroline, of late, I find you totally masochistic.......at least with comments like the above - they leave you so open to ridicule.........:p:ohmy::ohmy::p

lardyl Oct 6th 2009 11:36 pm

love30stm
This message has been deleted by love30stm. Reason: because I cant be bothered with so-and-sos anymore!
time for deep breaths.......
and repeat after me

"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
breathe......
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
breathe......