Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Spoke to my 1st Kiwi today

Spoke to my 1st Kiwi today

Old Oct 5th 2009, 10:05 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spoke to my 1st Kiwi today

Not sure if this is the place to post this or if I should have posted it in the immigration section

Well today we went to the NZ embassy here in Cairo and I have to say, they were very helpful indeed. We also met and talked to our first Kiwi, and I have to say what a pleasant and friendly chap he was. He was from Invercargill and was doing some sort of caravan tour in the area.

We also called our resident advisor for the first time today too and she was lovely.

My first impressions of the Kiwis we saw & talked to today are that they are easy going, casual and pleasant people. Gosh makes me want to get there even more!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:12 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spoke to my 1st Kiwi today

Originally Posted by Kija
Not sure if this is the place to post this or if I should have posted it in the immigration section

Well today we went to the NZ embassy here in Cairo and I have to say, they were very helpful indeed. We also met and talked to our first Kiwi, and I have to say what a pleasant and friendly chap he was. He was from Invercargill and was doing some sort of caravan tour in the area.

We also called our resident advisor for the first time today too and she was lovely.

My first impressions of the Kiwis we saw & talked to today are that they are easy going, casual and pleasant people. Gosh makes me want to get there even more!

With not much sense of humour! no im joking or am I

seriously you get people that are friendly and some that arent everywhere in the world believe me.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:00 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

i thought it was Doctor Dolittle starting this thread at first.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:10 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by this charming man
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice

Disagree think the Kiwi's have a sense of humour, we just don't understand it

We are honestly enjoying our growing circle of Kiwi friends and enjoy their company at least they are honest

D
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:29 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh you should meet my hubby the worlds nicest person with a great big heart and amazing easy going nature

(very little sense of humour ) well cant have it all

Dewb xx
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:29 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:54 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:59 am
We're HERE!!!

The thing about humour is it really differs from country to country. Can't beat British humour but tbh sometimes I don't understand it (and I lived there for a few years and I'm a big fan of British comedy).

Egyptian comedy is very popular in the Middle East (don't ask me why though!), yet Middle Easterners sometimes get that blank expression when an Egyptian tells a joke, so I really think it differs from people to people.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:11 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing about humour is it really differs from country to country. Can't beat British humour but tbh sometimes I don't understand it (and I lived there for a few years and I'm a big fan of British comedy).

Egyptian comedy is very popular in the Middle East (don't ask me why though!), yet Middle Easterners sometimes get that blank expression when an Egyptian tells a joke, so I really think it differs from people to people.
I can only speak from personal experience ... I find me hilarious.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I find you hilarious too
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:16 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Spoke to my 1st Kiwi today

Originally Posted by love30stm
With not much sense of humour! no im joking or am I
Are you sure it’s them and not just your sense of “humour” .
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:20 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Spoke to my 1st Kiwi today

Egyptian comedy...
Thats a gem all right:
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:43 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
don't know whether to laff or cry...........

Caroline, of late, I find you totally masochistic.......at least with comments like the above - they leave you so open to ridicule.........
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:36 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

love30stm
This message has been deleted by love30stm. Reason: because I cant be bothered with so-and-sos anymore!
time for deep breaths.......
and repeat after me

"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
breathe......
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
breathe......
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
breathe......
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
"Its only the internet"
exhale.....

feel better??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.