spiders !

Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:26 am
  #16  
Member of Mumo-land
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: DownUnder
Posts: 771
mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Nice white tails...........

Originally Posted by planty
I released the one we found, but was then told by one of the locals that they are an aussie native that didn't belong here and as NG said they eat the native NZ spiders and should be killed immediately.

Lets hope the locals haven't got anything against the English.

hope you ponted out that they're not natives either. bloody nz'ers moaning about this and that. i see they're going to have open season on Canada Geese now. Twats.
mumomonty is offline  
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:59 pm
  #17  
BE Forum Addict
 
Jude J's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: North Shore
Posts: 1,417
Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nice white tails...........

Originally Posted by mumomonty
hope you ponted out that they're not natives either. bloody nz'ers moaning about this and that. i see they're going to have open season on Canada Geese now. Twats.
Eh?
Jude J is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 1:00 am
  #18  
BE Forum Addict
 
kwprwn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,631
kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: spiders !

Originally Posted by pangor
Sitting quietly on the sofa the other night when Nicola suddenly jumps up saying - there's one of those things on your arm. What things says I, idly looking down and came face to face with a white tailed spider !

Just like the descriptions - size of a new ten cent piece, cigar shaped body, and lovely white spot on the end.

Anyway as it headed for my neck I ran outside and shook it off, where upon it wandered off into the undergrowth before I could get a photo.

Already felt a few small earthquakes, now spiders, so just need to see a volcano going up and my life will be complete !

peter
I had bloody nightmares cus of this thread, i thought there was a spider spinning down on a web from the ceiling coming to eat me...I had to get out of bed and turn on the light to check there wasnt :scared:
kwprwn is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:17 am
  #19  
BE Forum Addict
 
SarahB's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Beachlands, East Auckland
Posts: 2,957
SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spiders !

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I had bloody nightmares cus of this thread, i thought there was a spider spinning down on a web from the ceiling coming to eat me...I had to get out of bed and turn on the light to check there wasnt :scared:
lol!! Yesterday I had an appointment with the midwife and whilst in there I saw a largish spider running across the floor.... she had trapped it under a pot under her desk and it had escaped. She looked a bit worried so I ended up scooping it up and popping it out the front door onto the grass for her.
SarahB is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:20 am
  #20  
BE Forum Addict
 
Jude J's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: North Shore
Posts: 1,417
Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: spiders !

Originally Posted by SarahB
lol!! Yesterday I had an appointment with the midwife and whilst in there I saw a largish spider running across the floor.... she had trapped it under a pot under her desk and it had escaped. She looked a bit worried so I ended up scooping it up and popping it out the front door onto the grass for her.
:scared: you pick them up :scared:
Luckily I have my son to do that for me, me and hubby cant do it!
I dread him leaving home
Jude J is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:21 am
  #21  
BE Forum Addict
 
kwprwn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,631
kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: spiders !

Originally Posted by SarahB
lol!! Yesterday I had an appointment with the midwife and whilst in there I saw a largish spider running across the floor.... she had trapped it under a pot under her desk and it had escaped. She looked a bit worried so I ended up scooping it up and popping it out the front door onto the grass for her.
spiders generally dont bother me but it was just a horrid dream, creepy crawlies crawling all over me...yuk yuk yuk
kwprwn is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:09 am
  #22  
BE Forum Addict
 
SarahB's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Beachlands, East Auckland
Posts: 2,957
SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spiders !

Originally Posted by Jude J
:scared: you pick them up :scared:
Luckily I have my son to do that for me, me and hubby cant do it!
I dread him leaving home
Yes most of them dont bother me...... the occasional one will though..... for some reason if they look really freaky or some part of them is not in proportion, say its got a big squishy body and short legs then I dont like to pick them up.... arnt I strange!! ....used to pick them up in my hands and chase my friends round the office years ago...
SarahB is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:22 am
  #23  
BE Forum Addict
 
kwprwn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,631
kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: spiders !

Originally Posted by SarahB
Yes most of them dont bother me...... the occasional one will though..... for some reason if they look really freaky or some part of them is not in proportion, say its got a big squishy body and short legs then I dont like to pick them up.... arnt I strange!! ....used to pick them up in my hands and chase my friends round the office years ago...
I used to do that as well, a girl I used to work with at Thomas Cook was terrified of them and used to call me in the foreign exchange to come and remove them as she could not go near them...I was always saying to her 'how big are you and how small is that spider' ...we are sick and cruel people
kwprwn is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:23 am
  #24  
BE Forum Addict
 
kwprwn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,631
kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: spiders !

Originally Posted by Jude J
:scared: you pick them up :scared:
Luckily I have my son to do that for me, me and hubby cant do it!
I dread him leaving home
WIMP
kwprwn is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:46 am
  #25  
BE Enthusiast
 
planty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Timaru, NZ
Posts: 484
planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spiders !

I haven't seen anymore white tips, and from what I've been told their bite is like wasp stings, some people have an allergy towards them and most don't, if your one of the unlucky people who have to get rushed to hospital if stung by a wasp then you'd be wise to stay clear of white tips.

I was reading an artical in the Timaru Herald the other day about a lady in Timaru who last year dug her garden and planted some potatoes, when she went to dig some up she had a huge spider run across her hand, she carried on digging into the ground until she came across a nest of of these huge spiders, the artical said it was tunnel webs or funnel web spiders and that she still hasn't dug up her spuds from last year. :scared:
planty is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:53 am
  #26  
BE Forum Addict
 
SarahB's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Beachlands, East Auckland
Posts: 2,957
SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spiders !

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I used to do that as well, a girl I used to work with at Thomas Cook was terrified of them and used to call me in the foreign exchange to come and remove them as she could not go near them...I was always saying to her 'how big are you and how small is that spider' ...we are sick and cruel people
What a coincidence.... the time I used to do that I was at Thomas Cook too!! I worked in Peterborough in the Head Office until I emigrated last year. For some reason there were loads of spiders in the huge open plan building we were in. I have to admit to not liking wasps and ants much though.
SarahB is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:42 pm
  #27  
BE Forum Addict
 
Jude J's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: North Shore
Posts: 1,417
Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: spiders !

Originally Posted by SarahB
What a coincidence.... the time I used to do that I was at Thomas Cook too!! I worked in Peterborough in the Head Office until I emigrated last year. For some reason there were loads of spiders in the huge open plan building we were in. I have to admit to not liking wasps and ants much though.
You horrible pair! Have you ever seen a grown woman shriek? Well, you would have if I worked with you. Just before handing in my notice that is!
This morning I went to get little one out of her cot and she pointed to the wall behind her and said 'pider' I couldn't see one it must have run off. I dont want to pass my fear on to her.
Jude J is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:43 pm
  #28  
BE Forum Addict
 
Jude J's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: North Shore
Posts: 1,417
Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: spiders !

Originally Posted by planty
I haven't seen anymore white tips, and from what I've been told their bite is like wasp stings, some people have an allergy towards them and most don't, if your one of the unlucky people who have to get rushed to hospital if stung by a wasp then you'd be wise to stay clear of white tips.

I was reading an artical in the Timaru Herald the other day about a lady in Timaru who last year dug her garden and planted some potatoes, when she went to dig some up she had a huge spider run across her hand, she carried on digging into the ground until she came across a nest of of these huge spiders, the artical said it was tunnel webs or funnel web spiders and that she still hasn't dug up her spuds from last year. :scared:
Do tell me that isn't true. I thought they were just in Oz.
Jude J is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.