Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Spare room in your container?

Spare room in your container?

Old Aug 17th 2011, 8:14 am

shuglu72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spare room in your container?

This is really cheeky and a long shot but hey if you don't ask you don't get.
So last week our container was packed and shipped off to NZ. The next day the local aquatic shop phoned me up and said. "Hi the piece of wood you ordered for your fish tank unit has arrived in stock!!". GREAT.
Cut a long story short i'm looking for anyone who has not yet finished or maybe even started packing to ask very nicely if they would mind me slipping my bit of wood in the end of the their container and i'll arrange to collect from you the other end when we get there later in the year.(November/December)
Its 48" long by about 17" wide and dead flat and safely wrapped in bubble wrap etc. I'm quite happy for you to have a good look at it first if it will put your mind at rest as to what it is if you wish.
My other option is to just tuck it under my arm when i go to the airport and see if i can get it there that way but i imagine thats a whole world of pain. There is a crisp £20 note and a bottle of wine waiting for hopefully some kind person as a thankyou.
Please email me if you think you can help.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all
Default Re: Spare room in your container?

Originally Posted by shuglu72
This is really cheeky and a long shot but hey if you don't ask you don't get.
So last week our container was packed and shipped off to NZ. The next day the local aquatic shop phoned me up and said. "Hi the piece of wood you ordered for your fish tank unit has arrived in stock!!". GREAT.
Cut a long story short i'm looking for anyone who has not yet finished or maybe even started packing to ask very nicely if they would mind me slipping my bit of wood in the end of the their container and i'll arrange to collect from you the other end when we get there later in the year.(November/December)
Its 48" long by about 17" wide and dead flat and safely wrapped in bubble wrap etc. I'm quite happy for you to have a good look at it first if it will put your mind at rest as to what it is if you wish.
My other option is to just tuck it under my arm when i go to the airport and see if i can get it there that way but i imagine thats a whole world of pain. There is a crisp £20 note and a bottle of wine waiting for hopefully some kind person as a thankyou.
Please email me if you think you can help.
Hi, I would offer, but I think I'll be asking the same question come Monday. Its keeping me awake at night, panicking that my stuff wont fit in. Good luck!!!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:27 am

shuglu72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spare room in your container?

Don't worry you'll be fine. I was amazed what went in ours. We ended up with about 5ft left at the end of our 40 footer. Glad we couldn't take the car in the end caus that would have been a real squeeze! Thanks for the offer though and good luck to you too.