Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

False information on PR application

False information on PR application

Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:18 am
Just Joined

castlesorrento is an unknown quantity at this point
Default False information on PR application

Just wondering what others might make of this situation. I'm sure we all know of people who have had to jump through hoops to get permanent residency- gaining new job skills and qualifications and that kind of thing.

Anyway, I has recently discovered that a colleague of mine has falsified her permanent residency application by stating that she earns a lot more money than she actually does so that she meets the criteria for the minimum salary. Our employer is helping her with this by faking her pay slips etc. I have lost respect for her and my employer- I think it is morally wrong what they are doing.

Maybe its a common thing- my colleague seemed to think so and thinks its no big deal.

Any thoughts?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:23 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: False information on PR application

WOW

That is totally incredible. The should throw the book at both of them.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:23 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by castlesorrento
Just wondering what others might make of this situation. I'm sure we all know of people who have had to jump through hoops to get permanent residency- gaining new job skills and qualifications and that kind of thing.

Anyway, I has recently discovered that a colleague of mine has falsified her permanent residency application by stating that she earns a lot more money than she actually does so that she meets the criteria for the minimum salary. Our employer is helping her with this by faking her pay slips etc. I have lost respect for her and my employer- I think it is morally wrong what they are doing.

Maybe its a common thing- my colleague seemed to think so and thinks its no big deal.

Any thoughts?
I should have thought any government organisation wanting verification of earnings would be wise to such tricks and seek salary information at the tax declared end.......
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Your colleague must have a very good relationship with her boss. If payroll is official, it makes me wonder how they are faked ? Anyway, if it all unravels in the future, that will be karma. I mean what if her PR is revoked in future while living in NZ.
The closest I ever knew of a similar situation was when I knew someone who worked for the same company as her fiancee and their boss agreed to tell the mortgage provider that they earned more than they did so they could get a mortgage. In the fulness of time they went their separate ways, she still lives in the house they purchased twenty or more years later.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:42 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I wouldn't intervene however - give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Any thoughts?
I think that there is more to your first post than meets the eye as it isn't that simple.

Perhaps you would care to elaborate further as you have chosen to post this here, rather than take it up with your employer, colleague or immigration.

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 10th 2011 at 7:47 am.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

A colleague of yours eh?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
I think that there is more to your first post than meets the eye as it isn't that simple.

Perhaps you would care to elaborate further as you have chosen to post this here, rather than take it up with your employer, colleague or immigration.
I work for a very small company and I was curious about how she was getting PR as none of us in our team earn enough. I myself have lived in NZ for 5 years and have had PR for 4 1/2 years. Mine was through my partners job, as his job is on the skills shortage list.

So I asked her a few questions as I know her partner isn't working, and she told me the truth. Apparently, she gets paid the larger amount into her bank account, and then she pays some of it back to our employer.

I know its none of my business and I certainly don't intend to do anything about it. By the way, I have used a different username, as I would not want anyone to know who I was talking about. Bevs, if this is a problem, let me know.

I don't really know why it is bothering me so much,but it has definitely left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

So I asked her a few questions as I know her partner isn't working, and she told me the truth. Apparently, she gets paid the larger amount into her bank account, and then she pays some of it back to our employer.

I think this is quite common, I have heard of this tactic before. It is a nasty business as undoubtedly the wannabee PR will have to pay the 'favour' back many fold. Desperate times call for desperate measures for some folks and I am sure she will be well aware of the risks.

Whilst I would be keen to see the right thing done, I am not sure that I personally would intervene and see this lady out on her ear, I am pretty sure that would be the result and not forgetting that NZ is a very small and closed in world when it comes to your own future employment.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a story I was trying to recall about a similar type of scam:

An immigrant, who wanted to be known as Krystal, said she gained her residence only after paying close to $50,000 to her employer for her own wages and tax over nearly two years.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/employment...ectid=10646755

An employer, who has supported a migrant worker's residency through the PYO method, says he did not see anything wrong because "everyone does it".
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:50 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

I work for a very small company and I was curious about how she was getting PR as none of us in our team earn enough. I myself have lived in NZ for 5 years and have had PR for 4 1/2 years. Mine was through my partners job, as his job is on the skills shortage list.

I know its none of my business and I certainly don't intend to do anything about it. By the way, I have used a different username, as I would not want anyone to know who I was talking about. Bevs, if this is a problem, let me know.

I don't really know why it is bothering me so much,but it has definitely left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
Playing devils advocate - I have a suspicious mind - perhaps they're testing you and your dedication/loyalties...
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:50 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

get rid of work to residence. problem solved.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by P18PPS
Playing devils advocate - I have a suspicious mind - perhaps they're testing you and your dedication/loyalties...
No,I don't think so.Like I say, I have no intention of challenging my employer about this. I was just wondering if it is only me who is outraged by this, hence my posting on here.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
get rid of work to residence. problem solved.
Sorry, I am confused, how would this change things?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Am i the only one not seeing a problem with this ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.