Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Some questions about NZ

Some questions about NZ

Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:40 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some questions about NZ

Originally Posted by danjones1
Back to the business stuff....

Are you sure you can apply for business visa just on the strength of running an online business? I mean anyone could start a website and then move to NZ claiming it to be a proper business?

For the long term business visa you need to invest money, employ locals and have a real business behind you.

Can you clarify what type of online business it is then people might be able to help!
I think Southerner said in post #20 that a Online business would be unlikely to meet NZIS criteria
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:57 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
... that you would all take the time to answer so many questions and queries with such knowledge, research and patience. Go to so much trouble to try your best to assist a new member and do so in detail - rather than the quicker and easier way of pointing them to use the search forum button.

So thank you all. And I think you have demonstrated what a useful and friendly site BE is. Most of the time!
I second that. We've got great members who go out of their way to help each other out. Many of whom have been members for many years, and who not only hang around to connect with each other and share our lovely brit sense of humour, but also so that they can pass on the experiences they have learned to others yet to make the move abroad.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Some questions about NZ

Hi there for those with an interest in the earthquake activity in New Zealand you may like to keep an eye on this website http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/...nt_quakes.html
Have a great week!
Cally
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

terrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to all

Hi,
I dont normally say a lot on here as you may have noticed, I read posts everyday and I do find them helpful so I was a bit pi**ed off to go to the trouble and have my head bitten off.
Anyway, the definition of a disaster in the UK is when more than 6 people die in one incident, so we have more disasters than we think!
I know as I was on the local council disaster committee.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:24 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Goodness how ungrateful OP.

You asked questions which indicated you hadn't done a lot of research particularly in regards to earthquakes and trains. Even a cursory search on NZ life will indicate that earthquakes happen and that the [rail] public transport system isn't the best but that lots of areas have strong bus services (yes, even in Auckland). Small population over a relatively large space etc. At the very least it seemed like you were the type who would appreciate answers.

People here were helpful. On other forums a vague question or a long list of questions on such straight forward matters would get responses along the lines of "www.googleitbeforeaskingbasicquestions.com" or "use the search function".

You got reasonable, varied and informative answers from people prepared to spend time answering a post in which you obviously had a lot to ask.

Grrr does my head in. They were helpful responses. The words you should have been thinking of were "thank you".
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:31 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Goodness how ungrateful OP.
He's gone Princess..... His last post was ' please delete my account!'
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

terrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to all

Good job I say, I hope he doesnt end up moving next door to me, he might want me to look after his kids when he goes into town on the train to cut some kind of deal setting up in competion with our trade me!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:48 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
He's gone Princess..... His last post was ' please delete my account!'
So I cant get him to go n vote for me then?? Bugger!!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 3:18 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luvwelly
I now think Cuirassier was simply flaming...what self-respecting Yank has a Frenchified name?
I thought he just couldn't spell "Curiouser ..."
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

EARTHQUAKES

I aint coming
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terrier2
Good job I say, I hope he doesnt end up moving next door to me, he might want me to look after his kids when he goes into town on the train to cut some kind of deal setting up in competion with our trade me!
I thought that was a little bizzare at the time, i.e. wondering if the neighbours would be friendly enough to leave his kids with.
Oh well, no lose eh
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:45 am
Cow on the Beach

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
EARTHQUAKES

I aint coming
What d'you think the pharse ' New Zealand sits on the Ring of Fire' refered to? ....The strength of the curries at the Great India in Welly perhaps?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
What d'you think the pharse ' New Zealand sits on the Ring of Fire' refered to? ....The strength of the curries at the Great India in Welly perhaps?
Freudian slip????

On a more serious note: can we please let the Cuirassier issue be? I mean, his postings were obviously less than constructive, but I'm getting a slightly uncomfortable feeling about this thread. Imagine if this was the first thread you read in BE... I personally probably wouldn't come back for the fear that maybe C is right and that newcomers are regularly bashed verbally on this forum. Now I know that's not the case but TBH this thread has gone slightly off on the tangent. I mean, the last thing everyone wants to do is to prove him right, right?
Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:23 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

<<

Last edited by southerner; Sep 1st 2009 at 8:24 am. Reason: deleted - not worth bothering about 'C' anymore
Old Sep 1st 2009, 12:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Fair considering 'C' has left the building so I am closing this thread.

Now...get yerselves into the Northern Soul.