Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

some advice please

some advice please

Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: some advice please

Originally Posted by jen 71
55 that better then especially for my hubbie i quess would have a chance then maybe to go on the hgv skills,and i still be able to get hairdressing experience
where abouts are u in new zealnd what is the weather like
jen
Not quite there yet, but should be there in about a month, heading for Wellington. Just need the house signed seeled and delivered and then we're gone. But the sun is shining in Kent this morning.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
But the sun is shining in Kent this morning.
Should bloody hope so its the height of summer, it was shining strong today in Chch in the middle of winter. Thank you NZ.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jen 71
hi guys jen hear no im not 71 im 36 my husband is 42 and he hold hgv1-2 he is also being trained in hiab also trainned as a yards bankman hes be driving artics for a long time that is his main job at the minute,with his bricklaying he hold a city and guilds he qualifed june 07,but now started a carpentary course also city and guild as you know i have1 year left of trainning as a hairdresser nvq2 and am looking to get experiecce in a shop so yes we probly would stay in the uk to get the experience my son is in year 11 when he goes back in september so yes we do have time to train and get the experience its just we have decided and hence why we have chosen proffession that should give us oppotunities to move on,we did look at australia we are off there is a couple of weeks for holiday but with the cut of point age of 45 so close to my hubbies age and as hgv isnt very good career over there,s not on skills wanted list,so we decided to look into newzealand,
is there an age cut of point for new zealnd
cheers
speak soon jen
Jen you can go over on his work.

Roger just got an offer for work and I have just printed of the work visa stuff. HGV is on the Immediate skill list so you can get work visa. Or wing it as we were going to do.

If you need any help PM me. We are on our way over in Jan with all the kids in tow.

I will do what I can. Also see my thread re vacancies. I can forward on the info i get each week if you would like.

Here to help mate in anyway I can.

Nici
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Should bloody hope so its the height of summer, it was shining strong today in Chch in the middle of winter. Thank you NZ.
Don't you believe it, we've had more rain this summer than you'd think possible. The winter was drier than this summer
Old Jul 19th 2007, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

jen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kato33
Jen you can go over on his work.

Roger just got an offer for work and I have just printed of the work visa stuff. HGV is on the Immediate skill list so you can get work visa. Or wing it as we were going to do.

If you need any help PM me. We are on our way over in Jan with all the kids in tow.

I will do what I can. Also see my thread re vacancies. I can forward on the info i get each week if you would like.

Here to help mate in anyway I can.

Nici
hi nici cheers mate its does look like we will get the ball rolling i dont no if u have read some of my latest threads i still have 1 more year at college and my son will be going to year 11 it looks promising for new zealand but fab yer i will start looking at nz immigration etc i got tired of looking at australia so hard to get in to and with there age cut of point so young we got no chance well maybe after about 6 years when i get experience in hairdressing even tho i do have a brother and sister in australia still wouldnt be able to emmigrate even on a family visa,
so will keep in touch and hope everything goes well p.s i better start looking at the weather and places of intersest in new zealand
see ya jen
Old Jul 19th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

jen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nice

about the weather hear in middlesex it is humid hot few thunder clouds hanging around wish it would make up its mind