Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

some advice please

some advice please

Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

jen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nice
Default some advice please

hello just need a bit of advice but aplogise if i have asked b4,in new zealand would i still need 6 years experience in my chosen proffession to be able to emmigrate ,or have any kind of visa
kind regards
jen

Last edited by jen 71; Jul 16th 2007 at 8:40 pm. Reason: spelling error
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:25 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: some advice please

Originally Posted by jen 71
hello just need a bit of advice but aplogise if i have asked b4,in new zealand would i still need 6 years experience in my chosen proffession to be elegible to emmigrate ,or have any kind of visa
kind regards
jen
No, but they will ask you to improve your spelling before issuing you a resident's permit.

Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

jen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nice

hello i have just notice that thanks:i will brush up on my spelling lol
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

hello i have just notice that thanks:i will brush up on my spelling lol
just changed it
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:40 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Thanks for taking it in good humour. At any rate, good luck with your plans.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

cheers for that
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Hi Jen 71, Have you been on the NZ Immigration website? On there you can do a test to check what points you will score without having to do the whole Expression of Interest first. What profession are you in BTW? OH was claiming experiance in IT, but now has found out it is no good as his degree is in History (:curse.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

hi cheers for replying to my thread im trainning to be a hairdresser at the moment will qualify next june i did spend 10 years working at heathrow as a check in agent,love it,but got made redundant since then i never found a job that i enjoyed then i got a bit ill and had to change my job i strated as a health care assitant but couldnt carry on so decided to take up hairdressing my hubby is hgv driver and quailified as a brickie june 07 he also decided to do a carpentary course aswell,we are looking to relocate i do have kids 17 and 15 was looking at australia but seems very difficult to get in,although we never had our skills assessed as i only been training for a year and they need exp min of 6 years,we know that maybe we cant do anything at the minute but long term is a must,so just getting to know people and finding out advice etc
i know i dont want to be in the uk at the minute i know all places have there bad spots but uk is getting bad my kids if they stay hear in the uk they want be able to buy a houses just getting so expensive ,and is run by idiots i wont get started on that,
we would sell up and go tommorow
well nice to be on hear on and talking to people already in new zealand cheers jen
Old Jul 17th 2007, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leighlou
Hi Jen 71, Have you been on the NZ Immigration website? On there you can do a test to check what points you will score without having to do the whole Expression of Interest first. What profession are you in BTW? OH was claiming experiance in IT, but now has found out it is no good as his degree is in History (:curse.
Similar for me, worked three years as systems analyst but means jack squatt without an IT degree.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Jen.

my hubby is hgv driver and quailified as a brickie june 07
Can I just ask what level HGV licence does your husband hold? Also, what trade qualifications does your husband hold for bricklaying. NVQ ? C&G ? and at what level.

I'm going to ask you to post up the same about your hairdressing qualification when you get it after finishing your training.

Can we all assume that you are being wise and will stay in the UK until after you finish your hairdressing training.

To answer one of your questions, no, you don't need to have been working in your profession for 5 years first before applying for a visa or residency. It's all about how many points you can get . It's also about whether you can support yourselves once here and whether there would bo jobs for yu. With your skills , I would say yes, you would find jobs. so that's a good thought .

Being cheeky now, but what ages are you . Is the '71 an indication? You get points for age too.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 17th 2007 at 11:03 pm. Reason: just realised the 71 after Jens username LOL
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:03 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jen71

have you thought about trying for work with Air NewZealand??

www.airnewzealand.co.nz

Someone ??? one here works there & may be able to advise you.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

hi guys jen hear no im not 71 im 36 my husband is 42 and he hold hgv1-2 he is also being trained in hiab also trainned as a yards bankman hes be driving artics for a long time that is his main job at the minute,with his bricklaying he hold a city and guilds he qualifed june 07,but now started a carpentary course also city and guild as you know i have1 year left of trainning as a hairdresser nvq2 and am looking to get experiecce in a shop so yes we probly would stay in the uk to get the experience my son is in year 11 when he goes back in september so yes we do have time to train and get the experience its just we have decided and hence why we have chosen proffession that should give us oppotunities to move on,we did look at australia we are off there is a couple of weeks for holiday but with the cut of point age of 45 so close to my hubbies age and as hgv isnt very good career over there,s not on skills wanted list,so we decided to look into newzealand,
is there an age cut of point for new zealnd
cheers
speak soon jen
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys jen hear no im not 71 im 36 my husband is 42 and he hold hgv1-2 he is also being trained in hiab also trainned as a yards bankman hes be driving artics for a long time that is his main job at the minute,with his bricklaying he hold a city and guilds he qualifed june 07,but now started a carpentary course also city and guild as you know i have1 year left of trainning as a hairdresser nvq2 and am looking to get experiecce in a shop so yes we probly would stay in the uk to get the experience my son is in year 11 when he goes back in september so yes we do have time to train and get the experience its just we have decided and hence why we have chosen proffession that should give us oppotunities to move on,we did look at australia we are off there is a couple of weeks for holiday but with the cut of point age of 45 so close to my hubbies age and as hgv isnt very good career over there,s not on skills wanted list,so we decided to look into newzealand,
is there an age cut of point for new zealnd
cheers
speak soon jen
I believe the cut off is around 55
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hi Jen71

have you thought about trying for work with Air NewZealand??

www.airnewzealand.co.nz

Someone ??? one here works there & may be able to advise you.
hello i have put that side of career on hold trainning to be a hairdresser now more oppotunites i think no shift work i probly have more of a chance emmigrating through hairdressing than airline
how long u been in new zealand
jen
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I believe the cut off is around 55
55 that better then especially for my hubbie i quess would have a chance then maybe to go on the hgv skills,and i still be able to get hairdressing experience
where abouts are u in new zealnd what is the weather like
jen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.