Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

sold property prices

sold property prices

Old Oct 29th 2014, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

pom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of light
Default sold property prices

Does anyone know any nz websites that list property sold prices, along the l
ines of zoopla or mouseprice in the uk? Interested to get a sense of the level houses sold at auction are going for.

Many thanks
Old Oct 29th 2014, 7:10 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sold property prices

most listing on trademe have at the bottom a couple of Sold houses in the area of the house listed, so that could be a starting point. Also you could ask an estate agent for a list of the last 6mths of sales in the area. not sure how open to handing them out they are but we had quite a good relationship with an agent and he used to give us the numbers
Old Oct 29th 2014, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't mind paying a bit, you can try:

Property info - Our property reports - QV.co.nz

I don't know how quickly after an auction the sold price is accessible through this site. I think you can try contacting the estate agent who sold it, they might tell you.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:24 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I found estate agents quite cagey when talking about prices. Go along to few local auctions and get a feel for how much they sell for. You might be surprised at how many don't meet the reserve, especially outside of the popular areas of Auckland.

I got a mailout from Harcourts because I bought a house through them and in some parts of the country fewer than 5% of houses sell through auction. The impression you get through the newspapers/media is misleading as they focus on shock horror stories.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
I found estate agents quite cagey when talking about prices. Go along to few local auctions and get a feel for how much they sell for. You might be surprised at how many don't meet the reserve, especially outside of the popular areas of Auckland.

I got a mailout from Harcourts because I bought a house through them and in some parts of the country fewer than 5% of houses sell through auction. The impression you get through the newspapers/media is misleading as they focus on shock horror stories.
I've had similar experiences, jmh. Before I left in July, I went to several auctions in the less "hot" property areas, and only a couple had considerable interest. The rest were passed in without meeting reserve, then placed on the market as "price by negotiation." This despite being close enough to central Auckland and the CBD to make commuting fairly easy. There is no denying though, that even in these areas the prices have escalated considerably.

Perhaps the OP isn't in NZ at the moment? In that case, I would try calling or emailing the estate agents. Some are evasive, but in my experience most will tell you what you'd like know without much trouble.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

pom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your responses. I'm not in NZ at the moment, just doing a bit of research (again.....).

It's a shame there appears to be no access to the NZ equivilent of the land registry, I think it gives you a much better feel for the value of property, and more seem to be listed as auction sales these days.

I have a few contacts with real estate agents, but have found them a bit cagey, probably, quite rightly, they dont think I,m going actually buy a property just at the moment.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pom4gud
Thank you for your responses. I'm not in NZ at the moment, just doing a bit of research (again.....).

It's a shame there appears to be no access to the NZ equivilent of the land registry, I think it gives you a much better feel for the value of property, and more seem to be listed as auction sales these days.

I have a few contacts with real estate agents, but have found them a bit cagey, probably, quite rightly, they dont think I,m going actually buy a property just at the moment.
Yes, it's a shame there's not more information on sales history. Perhaps this link might be of help, since the CV is sometimes listed in the real estate ad:

Residential sales prices - by suburb - QV.co.nz

Also note that there's a lot less information available, in many cases, about the house in particular, as to size and upgrades (or lack of) in the TradeMe real estate ads.

I've found that "fully modernised" means something different in NZ, than it might elsewhere. I've seen houses described as such with old electrical wiring, no wall insulation, and no heating. The bathrooms did have German tap ware and Italian tiles, so that might have partly accounted for the high price.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Polly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to behold

OK, now if you go to the website of the Real Estate agent and click on individuals profiles, some have their sold properties with the prices.
I talked to one of our agents about this a month ago, a property we bid on in an auction got passed, then sold by negotiation after the auction. The agent was not allowed to tell me the price as it was not disclosed in a "Public forum" like the auction. I also believe there is a stand down time for that information to be made public, nothing to do with the agents, but privacy for the vendor, certainly not before the settlement date anyway.
When buying or even looking from overseas it tricky, tell me about it!!!!!!!!! However I have 4 agents working on our behalf who are doing a brilliant job and when asked have given us a full list (free of charge) of all sale in the area by all companies and private sales too. However I note there is nothing newer than 3 months old on the lists, so thinking there is a stand down time on making the information public.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pom4gud

https://www.reinz.co.nz/reinz/

The stats included in this link may be helpful