Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Kiwi Professionalism

Kiwi Professionalism

Old Oct 20th 2014, 1:09 am
Just Joined

BucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant future
Default Kiwi Professionalism

A friend of mine just posted this on FB:

Just been asked NOT to attend my local yoga class cos I asked the teacher if perhaps she might not answer mobile phone calls & have chats with mates during the session!
I'm never gonna make a good Kiwi - I have this habit of saying what I think instead of pretending everything is fine all the time ; )
Old Oct 20th 2014, 1:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Kiwi Professionalism

Sounds more like a clash of personalities & that will do the both of them a favour.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 1:29 am
Just Joined

BucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant futureBucksBoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BEVS
Sounds more like a clash of personalities & that will do the both of them a favour.
Sorry, I thought yoga was about relaxation.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 2:49 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Massive generalisations again based on the actions of one person.
Definitely a rude thing to do, but not indicative of the entire country.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BucksBoy
A friend of mine just posted this on FB:

Just been asked NOT to attend my local yoga class cos I asked the teacher if perhaps she might not answer mobile phone calls & have chats with mates during the session!
I'm never gonna make a good Kiwi - I have this habit of saying what I think instead of pretending everything is fine all the time ; )
Wow! You're right! Such behaviour NEVER happens in Britain, eh?

I'll just go and start packing..... ;-)
Old Oct 20th 2014, 5:21 am
`

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Massive generalisations again based on the actions of one person.
Definitely a rude thing to do, but not indicative of the entire country.
Absolutely RobClubley.

Thing is. As none of us were there for that conversation or part of the circumstances it's all a bit hard to judge.

I'm not at all sure the thread title matches the opening post even. I was expecting something more about workplace line management , customer service & the accepted approach to being professional and being seen as professional.

It might be a subject to discuss if there is a distinct Australasian approach which would interest newbies and others looking in thinking to move to this end of the world.

What I wouldn't wish to see is the same age old boxing ring appearing. That way leads to thread closure as was seen with what was a perfectly good discussion thread with some really thoughtful posts. Shame all round.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 5:27 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Disappearing posts....?
Old Oct 20th 2014, 5:36 am
`

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Disappearing posts....?
Not really, unless you need to go to Specsavers.

The post you responded to has been vanquished & so the response to said post.

Fear not, your bits and bobs & facilities are all intact.

Moving along........
Old Oct 20th 2014, 5:40 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Not really, unless you need to go to Specsavers.

The post you responded to has been vanquished & so the response to said post.

Fear not, your bits and bobs & facilities are all intact.

Moving along........
Keep up the good work...nice word that "vanquished"....
Old Oct 20th 2014, 5:52 am
`

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Keep up the good work...nice word that "vanquished"....
For you. The words are just so. Well they just are.

Add a linky.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 20th 2014 at 6:01 am. Reason: I spied.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 6:10 am

For you. The words are just so. Well they just are.

Schubert's "Die Forelle" with English subtitles - YouTube

Add a linky.
Ha ha Reminds me of an old fishing joke ...
The Inn river, I think, runs in and out of Austria and Germany forming the border. An Austrian angler was walking and fishing the river when a German fisheries bailiff popped out and informed the angler that he was now on the German side. The angler informed the bailiff that there was no problem and he was only keeping Austrian fish and he was putting the ones with big mouths back......
Old Oct 20th 2014, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It's always a friend of a friend and actually never happened with those things though.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 7:22 am

A vanquished termination me thinks.....
Old Oct 20th 2014, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Builder UK has much to be proud ofBuilder UK has much to be proud ofBuilder UK has much to be proud ofBuilder UK has much to be proud ofBuilder UK has much to be proud ofBuilder UK has much to be proud ofBuilder UK has much to be proud ofBuilder UK has much to be proud ofBuilder UK has much to be proud ofBuilder UK has much to be proud ofBuilder UK has much to be proud of

This is getting rather petty now.

I think most people, myself included would appreciate good honest advice getting through, it does seem the negatives of NZ are glossed over and counted with "the empty beach" argument.

A lot on here, as have been proven in other threads get way too defensive and quite aggressive.

Not everybody sells a house in the south of England and moves here at 3:1 with a wad of cash, personally I was drawn in by the clean, green image and tales of endless construction work that pays well in christchurch, very little info, even on here, was available about things that were massively relevant.

I don't regret going to NZ, but I was left scratching my head at how much is hidden behind "the brand"

It's also funny how people in the UK, who have been no further than Benidorm think that NZ is some utopia, at times I wish I was still as naive
Old Oct 20th 2014, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Builder UK
it does seem the negatives of NZ are glossed over
Have to say during the past 3 years of being on here, before, during and after emigrating there has been plenty of negative comments which were not glossed over, but fully discussed. So much so that I actually stopped reading for a while as it was all too negative and I was getting too upset with it all.

Been here 18mths and love it, despite some of the negative things NZ has to offer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.