Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Software tester - long terms skills shortage assessment and qualifications

Software tester - long terms skills shortage assessment and qualifications

Old Jun 10th 2018, 10:17 pm
zen
Forum Regular

zen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura about
Default Software tester - long terms skills shortage assessment and qualifications

Hi all, I am interested in emigrating from the UK to NZ via the skill migrant route however, I need clarification as to whether my degree and post grad would count for anything if i apply under the Software Tester job code. I have 17 years experience in a large multinational. My qualifications include the following: BA Hons in Economics and Social Studies, ISEB test foundation, ITIL foundation and intermediate and ISTQB adv Test Management.

I'd be really grateful if someone can please help/provide advice. Thank you Zen
Old Jun 11th 2018, 9:19 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Software tester - long terms skills shortage assessment and qualifications

HI having a quick look on the criteria to uplift a Long term skilled visa you would need a qualification that meets the criteria and a minimum of 3 years work experience, for the role of software tester.

Required standard

One of the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (Computer Engineering) or (Computer and Electronic Engineering) or (Computer Systems Engineering) or (Electronic Engineering) or (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) or (Electronics and Communication Engineering) or (Electronics and Computer Engineering) or (Electronic/s and Computer Systems Engineering) or (Network Engineering) or (Software Engineering) (NZQF Level 8)
- A bachelor's degree at NZQF Level 7, or a higher qualification with a minimum equivalent of 360 credits, which includes the requirements of a New Zealand major in one of the following focus areas: Business Information Systems, Computational Intelligence, Computational Modelling, Computer and Electronic Engineering, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Mobile Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Networks, Computer Science, Computer Systems, Database Architecture, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electronics, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Computer Engineering, Electronics and Computer Systems, Electronic Engineering, Information and Communications Technology, Information Management, Information Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Information Technology, Internet Technology, IT Service Science, Multi-Media, Multi-Media and Web Development, Networks, Network and Communication Engineering, Networks and Security, Network Engineering, Programming, Software and Information Technology, Software Development, Software Engineering, Systems Design, Systems Development, or Telecommunications
- A Seoul Accord or Washington Accord or Sydney Accord accredited undergraduate (initial) degree (listed - see Note 3)
- A qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from IT Professionals New Zealand certifying that the degree and any further learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered IT Professional New Zealand status
AND
a minimum of three years' relevant post-qualification work experience.

If you go for the Skill Level visa you would need to secure a job offer at the higher rate to get you over the 160 points required to be selected from the pool.