Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

So, will Scotland win the rugby world cup?

So, will Scotland win the rugby world cup?

Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, will Scotland win the rugby world cup?

Originally Posted by weebossyboots
i know I shouldn't laugh - but . . . .
You shouldn't laugh at others misfortunes. I feel great sympathy for the players whose team were so over-hyped and under such pressure. Its so easy for the underdogs in situations like these. Its just like England soccer team, great players like Gerrard and Lampard slot penalties every saturday in the premiership and then can't in a WC, why?
They're all young lads really. They know a whole country is watching them and willing them on - it must be awful for them.
The players can all hold their heads high, the media should be ashamed of themselves - as usual, just a pack of wolves.
Just my opinion......
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weebossyboots
OMG - that was only the semi's!! blinking heck!

Can't remember it being any different when Oz won - was backpacking and spent the whole time partying all the time anyway

That was obviously 1999 BK (before kids)
I went to the third place play-off in Cardiff - it was tedious SA v NZ - no one was really interested. Cardiff the next night was fun though - full of celebrating Ozzies!!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Woodlea
You shouldn't laugh at others misfortunes. I feel great sympathy for the players whose team were so over-hyped and under such pressure. Its so easy for the underdogs in situations like these. Its just like England soccer team, great players like Gerrard and Lampard slot penalties every saturday in the premiership and then can't in a WC, why?
They're all young lads really. They know a whole country is watching them and willing them on - it must be awful for them.
The players can all hold their heads high, the media should be ashamed of themselves - as usual, just a pack of wolves.
Just my opinion......
I wasn't laughing at them losing - just the reation at the 1999 world cup. And even then it wasn't a big belly laugh, more a OMG laugh

At least they're not in Brasil - do they not shoot soccer teams if they lose over there?

Last edited by weebossyboots; Oct 8th 2007 at 11:48 am.