Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Should I stay or should I go?

Should I stay or should I go?

Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:08 am
Account Closed

shocked kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I stay or should I go?

Originally Posted by Justcol
not sure I agree with that. I think it depends on your outlook.
If you want to complain and whinge about the smallest thing and the cost of cucumbers then you will, like so many
others be miserable, end up on here moaning over everything while getting sadder and sadder before finally
giving up and heading home. If you just accept that things are different, dont moan about the small things
and how wrong you were to think it was anything like the uk, then you'll be fine
ok please humour me - can you name ONE thing that is cheaper in nz relative to income, thanks
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:19 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shocked kiwi
ok please humour me - can you name ONE thing that is cheaper in nz relative to income, thanks
Car insurance.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:20 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

University fees.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:22 am
Account Closed

shocked kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
University fees.
lol anything else?
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:37 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

lol anything else?
Petrol.

But this is pointless, isnt it?
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by not2old
how many of you can relate to this?

As a wannabe immigrant you make the decision for whatever reason to leave the UK & emigrate, then the doubt sets in even before you get the visa, becomes worse after the visa is in your passports.

Is it the reality that OMG we are leaving or we should not have gone down this path or do you become scared of the unknown - what is it?

For those that make it to their new land, some become homesick and/or whinge & compare to back home, cannot settle for whatever reason after being in NZ for 1, 5, 10 or 20 years on & want to return back home.

Do you have challenges with 'shall we stay or shall we go' How did you come to the decision?
.....Or did you, are you, having challenges of shall we stay or go..

The OP is asking about our true thoughts on leaving or just arriving & of staying.

please
Old Oct 18th 2013, 11:26 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

lol anything else?
1kg bricks of cheese?
Old Oct 18th 2013, 12:13 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

lol anything else?
40 million sheep
Old Oct 19th 2013, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your simply trying to justify being yet another bloody whinging pom
Old Oct 19th 2013, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

When flying between islands you don't have to pay international departure tax
Old Oct 20th 2013, 3:47 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
.....Or did you, are you, having challenges of shall we stay or go..

The OP is asking about our true thoughts on leaving or just arriving & of staying.

please
maybe I can add some points to the OP with the following in no particular order. These can be a the two way, or if you are here or there, going to, coming from or returning

not to stay reasons

Its now or never - we have just got get get out of this place

A better future for oneself & family

Atrocities

Get away from the family

Work

Government controls - too many to list

Education

Reasons to stay

Family & friends

Life is better where I am at than the places folks emigrate to

I have no need to emigrate whatsoever - its a fools notion

And by staying where I am, I can always travel without restriction to any place I wish for the cost of a few dollars - then return home.

Reasons that I emigrated

I believed I had no future living in the UK

I was young & foolish & wanted the adventure - I had no fear (the younger as an adult the better)

I wanted out of the UK because of the perception of the institutionalization & controls on me.

I felt that I could not get ahead of myself because there was too many of us in our 20-30 age group wanting the same thing in trying to reach the unreachable target.

Money

The 60's UK ... felt like I was living in a small overcrowded society in a confined space, small minded people that were constantly whinging & it seemed to rain constantly, too much smog, poorly heated homes ....

I knew that I could return back at anytime if I chose to

I gave it two years & if it did not work out, then I would return back. It took two years to get over the homesickness.

46 years on - I'm still an immigrant .... I do not live in the UK

Last edited by not2old; Oct 20th 2013 at 4:30 pm. Reason: added some
Old Oct 20th 2013, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by not2old
maybe I can add some points to the OP with the following in no particular order. These can be a the two way of if you are here or there, going to, coming from or returning

not to stay reasons

Its now or never - we have just got get get out of this place

A better future for oneself & family

Atrocities

Get away from the family

Work

Government controls - too many to list

Education

Reasons to stay

Family & friends

Life is better where I am at than the places folks emigrate to

I have no need to emigrate whatsoever - its a fools notion

And by staying where I am, I can always travel without restriction to any place I wish for the cost of a few dollars - then return home.

Reasons that I emigrated

I believed I had no future living in the UK

I was young & foolish & wanted the adventure - I had no fear (the younger as an adult the better)

I wanted out of the UK because of the perception of the institutionalization & controls on me.

I felt that I could not get ahead of myself because there was too many of us in our 20-30 age group wanting the same thing in trying to reach the unreachable target.

Money

The 60's UK ... felt like I was living in a small overcrowded society of small space, small minded people that were constantly whinging, it seemed to rain constantly, too much smog, poorly heated homes ....

I knew that I could return back at anytime if I chose to

I gave it two years & if it did not work out, then I would return to the UK. It took two years to get over the homesickness.

46 years on - I'm still an immigrant .... I do not live in the UK
I don't recognize the UK you are talking of, and I have lived here for the best part of 47 years.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 6:09 pm
---

lol anything else?
Private school fees.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 6:10 pm
---

lol anything else?
Dominos pizza.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 7:12 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Please do not feed the trolls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.