Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Short term accomodation Christchurch

Short term accomodation Christchurch

Old Jul 25th 2009, 3:35 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all
Default Short term accomodation Christchurch

Hi,
I'm moving to Christchurch and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to decent short-term rental serviced apartments, while I find my feet and long for something a little more long term. Something pretty central would be nice.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Adam
Old Jul 25th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Short term accomodation Christchurch

Hi adam,

I don't live in Chch but here's the site of a company I've used in Auckland for visiting relatives, they're very good, cost is reasonable and they seem to operate in Chch (I'm not exactly sure but have put their web on for you to check). They have apartments city centre listed by private owners so you can get some great bargains, hope it helps (and I hope they've opened in Chch now otherwise this was a waste of time, lol.)

www.aptsinchch.co.nz/nz-apartment-owners.php

Last edited by Elizabeth I; Jul 25th 2009 at 3:50 am.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

dorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to all

gumtree.com has accommodation - change city - worldwide - christchurch
Old Jul 25th 2009, 8:53 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed at here www.centralpark.co.nz

Hagley Park end of Riccarton Road. 24 hour dairy just a few doors away. Really warm, clean, comfortable and well furnished apartments and friendly family run. Easy, quick, flat walk into CBD and to Westfield mall.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

or try holiday-homes.co.nz - you should get some good deals this time of year!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of

We stayed out of the CBD - wanted to be near the sea, but most of the motels in CBD seem to be down Papanui Road or on Bealey Ave, that is very central. We stayed at Merivale Manor for a few nights - very nice, but quite pricey for a lengthy stay. It took us 6 weeks to find our long-term rental, which ate into our savings more than we had hoped, but it was worth it to find the place we are in now.

You can also try Travelbug, which is part of Trademe and that lets you search by budget. Also, the AA site is good for searching through. You could also try TradeMe itself and look under rental is real estate, as you can sometimes find short-terms as well as long-term rentals.

http://www.travelbug.co.nz/

http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/searc...&Search=Search

Good luck with the search
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

My former workmate has these houses he rents out. They come fully furnished.

http://www.alternativeaccommodation.co.nz/Home/