Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shipping Insurance

Shipping Insurance

Old Dec 30th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of
Default Shipping Insurance

How do I list everything???? Did you list it at the price you paid? Or did you list it at the price it would cost in NZ to replace?? Do I need to list everything individually??? I just don't know where to start
Old Dec 31st 2010, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shipping Insurance

Good luck ! My husband and I did this process over a 2 day period ! He had spent many hours getting the cost in NZ dollars of replacement items i.e. t.v., suite of furniture, pc & monitor the list goes on and on ! Anyway, lightbulb moment. He found what our house contents was insured for ! I even phoned our shipping agent as I was finding it hard going listing the potato peeler, can opener etc. He just said, keep it general i.e kitchen utensils. Have you counted each individual item of clothing you own yet ? My husbands suits cost £350 to buy. That's the cost of all my 'smart but casual' office wear for the week, as he works in management and I don't.
Good luck.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Our shipping company, PSS is charging 2.8% of the house contents' value for the fee. I'm really only interested in a claim against 'total loss'. We chased it down to about fifteen grand, 2.8% of that is just over four hundred pounds. My normal scepticism of insurance claims/companies reigns supreme anyway i.e. watch how much they start bargaining with you in the event of a claim.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Hi there - have you checked out Letton Percival for marine insurance .... definitely worth looking at

we are using John Mason but have gone with LP for the insurance , John Mason couldn't even come close

Good luck
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Gail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really nice

Originally Posted by KayC
How do I list everything???? Did you list it at the price you paid? Or did you list it at the price it would cost in NZ to replace?? Do I need to list everything individually??? I just don't know where to start
Hi Kay,

How did you go on with the listing of everything? I'm at that stage and I don't know where to start!!! I keep putting it off - it's gonna take ages!

Gay x
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

LP here too... at least half price compared to Pickfords despite Pickfords giving me a special rate!

Have just received all our documents regarding cover from LP.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice

Originally Posted by KayC
I think NZ replacement cost is what you need, it soon adds up especially once you start counting all your books and CDs and pricing then in NZD.
John.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Gail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really nice

But, going back to the listing of everything - how'd you go about that? Do you literally list everything?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gail5
But, going back to the listing of everything - how'd you go about that? Do you literally list everything?
I think a good place to start would be the house contents list that the shipping co produces with your shipping quote, adding extra detail where required for particularly costly things e.g list individual items of hi-fi equipment. Otherwise as Debbie said group things together like 'kitchen utensils'.
john.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gail5
Hi Kay,

How did you go on with the listing of everything? I'm at that stage and I don't know where to start!!! I keep putting it off - it's gonna take ages!

Gay x
Hi Gail,

We tried to list everything - but it's quite hard, we grouped things together like our clothes we just put an approximate price on all of our clothes. We forgot to list a couple of things like the outside dustbin and it got broken, but because it wasn't on the list we weren't covered, so my advice would be to spend as much time as you can on the list - You just need to go room by room to make sure you get it all.

Good Luck
Kay