Reload this Page >

shipping a horse to new zealand

shipping a horse to new zealand

Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

unit5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping a horse to new zealand

hi everyone
i have a question we are wanting to come to new zealand to live having family out there already, now my question is has anyone shipped out their horse from the uk to nz, i have owned my horse from 6 months old and she is nearly 20 so im not sure what to do? she is fit and healthy but want to hear from other people that have shipped out a large animal like this? who did you use what was the cost etc many thanks to everyone who reads this
regards andree
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: shipping a horse to new zealand

dunno anything about shipping horses i'm afraid, but i wondered if another member SarahB may be able to help you? It might be worth a PM to her?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unit5
hi everyone
i have a question we are wanting to come to new zealand to live having family out there already, now my question is has anyone shipped out their horse from the uk to nz, i have owned my horse from 6 months old and she is nearly 20 so im not sure what to do? she is fit and healthy but want to hear from other people that have shipped out a large animal like this? who did you use what was the cost etc many thanks to everyone who reads this
regards andree
If a dog/cat costs around $2k..can you imagine the price, paperwork etc for such an animal?? If money is no object my 1st port of call would be advice re this horse's advanced years..it could be deemed unreasonable at such an age aye? The horse's welfare has to come 1st don't you agree so that's where I'd start? Why not enquire of the UK equine import/exprt assn. if such a thing exisits? Good luck.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:53 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stoof
dunno anything about shipping horses i'm afraid, but i wondered if another member SarahB may be able to help you? It might be worth a PM to her?
That's right Stoof, SarahB is our resident horse expert! She did NOT bring her beloved Arabian horse with her when she came to NZ but left him under the care of her best friend in the UK. My understanding is she has a new, fairly recent addition, horse here.

My daughter had a pony who would have been about 12 years old I think and we didn't even contemplate it because of the expense and trauma on the animal. We sold him to her pony club.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

unit5 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes i agree her age is a huge factor and its a question i have put off answering as i dont want to face it having spent so long together but her welfair will be first thanks for the help
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Would this help?

Eventers NZ ( click the link)

or this

PoloCenter (click the link)

Perhaps have a chat & please do come back to us with what you find out and decide to do. It helps others like you that look in.

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 16th 2009 at 12:55 am.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:06 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

www.equine-logistics-company.com/ Give these people a try.