Reload this Page >

Shipping Companys NZ - UK

Shipping Companys NZ - UK

Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

wingfic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Companys NZ - UK

HI

I'm looking to get quotes for shipping some large items - bikes and a kayak and then smaller items in boxes back to the UK. Can anyone please reccomend a shipping company which is good at a 'medium' sized move. We are not looking to take furniture. We would also be happy to do the packing work ourselves (if allowed) and just have the company pick up the packed stuff and take it straight to the port for shipping.

Incidentally I know how tough the MAF rules are this end and customs with everything being inspected. Does any one have any experience as to how hot things like biosecurity and customers are going the other way back to the UK?

Any suggestions appricaited. Cheers
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:37 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Companys NZ - UK

Hi there. I used pickfords from England to NZ and will be using them to go back next year. They let us share a container. We only shipped 350 square metres over here. I packed most of the stuff myself and they packed the breakables. They are always ready to help when you phone them. The UK do not have the rules around soil and dirt as the NZ lot do so I should think washing your bikes etc will be enough. Pickfords would let you know anyway. I got them out for a quote and they didn't bother me afterwards. I recieved no e-mails trying to pressure me. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

We used PSS.

So far, so good. It's not their fault bio security is holding things up.

Well report on the state of the good when they arrive.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

we used NZ vanlines from NZ to UK and they were fab, we packed non breakables and let them seal the boxes and they did the rest thee guys worked hard and unbelievable we had 22 steps from ground to front door one of them had our sofa on his shoulder and a large box in the other in mid Jan I had never seen anything like it, we went groupage although we nearly filled a 20ft they put ours and others in a 40ft container for $7500