Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

School information for Hastings

School information for Hastings

Old Sep 4th 2014, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School information for Hastings

Polly 3 - if you're looking for a larger property for B&B, maybe Waikanae Beach would be possible? The new road is currently under major construction through the gap in the town from when the road was originally planned in the 1960s, but when it's finished it'll speed up access to Waikanae Beach significantly. There's probably more suitable land northwards towards Peka Peka or Te Horo. There are a couple of B&Bs already by the beach, but there are also restaurants and a four square shop, so not completely lacking in amenities.

Both Mrs Fychan and myself live in Waikanae so if you want us to go and check anything out and/or take photos, just let me know.

The two primary schools (Kapanui and Waikanae) are both great and we have kids at both Kapiti and Paraparaumu Colleges if you have questions.

Here's a photo of the beach I took yesterday
Attached Thumbnails School information for Hastings-2014-09-03-10.50.26.jpg  
Old Sep 21st 2014, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Popawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

My dad has taught in the area for 30 years and is currently relieving all over HB. He speaks highly of how things are at Karamu and also Hastings Boys High, although both have reputations that sometimes run counter to that view.
A friends husband has just taken over as principal of Hastings intermediate so this bodes well.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Popawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from HB by the way, born and schooled there. The country areas around Hastings are wonderful! Go for it!