sad about england

Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: sad about england

No, i think that you are mixing Morioris up with the trolls (see previous post) and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll

They were an ancient Scandanavian people who drifted by accident into the Pacific via the North West passage one day after getting lost on a long trip looking for DisneyWorld, an enchanted kingdom. Some of them still exist today

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Aug 30th 2007 at 10:54 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

You may well think I am wrong, that is entirely up to you. However recent DNA tests show strong connections in our family to both Maori and Moriori and for that reason I am sure I am right.

Perhaps we should just agree to disagree as this is going nowhere
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

FishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really nice

Especially sad when you hear of this sort of thing happening in the UK.

PIT BULLS SMUGGLED INTO UK DRESSED AS UGLY BABIES

Banned in the UK since 1991 Criminal gangs have developed increasingly sophisticated methods to evade the authorities. Earlier this year a smuggler tried to pass through customs carrying a pitbull with a handle glued to its back, claiming it was a novelty briefcase.

The dogs, banned in the UK since 1991, are used as a warm-up act before toddler fights.

Roy Hobbs, deputy director of HM Revenue and Customs, said: "We've lost count of the number of times we've challenged a young mother, accusing her of attempting to smuggle a pit bull, only to discover that it was in fact an incredibly ugly baby.

"You look at the mother and think to yourself, 'she's actually not that bad' so the father must have been some kind of scientific experiment gone wrong.

"Anyway, the point is we can't tell the difference and not surprisingly the mother can get quite upset when we tell her that her child looks like an illegal dog."
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:02 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FishermansFriend
Especially sad when you hear of this sort of thing happening in the UK.

PIT BULLS SMUGGLED INTO UK DRESSED AS UGLY BABIES

Banned in the UK since 1991 Criminal gangs have developed increasingly sophisticated methods to evade the authorities. Earlier this year a smuggler tried to pass through customs carrying a pitbull with a handle glued to its back, claiming it was a novelty briefcase.

The dogs, banned in the UK since 1991, are used as a warm-up act before toddler fights.

Roy Hobbs, deputy director of HM Revenue and Customs, said: "We've lost count of the number of times we've challenged a young mother, accusing her of attempting to smuggle a pit bull, only to discover that it was in fact an incredibly ugly baby.

"You look at the mother and think to yourself, 'she's actually not that bad' so the father must have been some kind of scientific experiment gone wrong.

"Anyway, the point is we can't tell the difference and not surprisingly the mother can get quite upset when we tell her that her child looks like an illegal dog."

Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

tehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
You may well think I am wrong, that is entirely up to you. However recent DNA tests show strong connections in our family to both Maori and Moriori and for that reason I am sure I am right.

Perhaps we should just agree to disagree as this is going nowhere
Amusing how Tommy Solomon spoke only Maori with a
little English.
What happened to the separate Moriori langauge ?.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

tehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karonious
tehori, please help me out here..........

Bellasmum spelled you username Te Hori. That really puzzled me as we had an incident at work when the word 'hori' was used by a pakeha to a maori. I was under the impression it was very derogatory, racist phrase and it caused a huge amount of ill-feeling.
I thought I would look it up in the Maori-English dictionary to make sure I had understood and it gave me this for 'hori':
1 (verb) to speak falsely, mistake, misjudge.
2 (stative) be false, untrue.
3 (noun) falsehood, lie.

I'm genuinely puzzled. I have probably gravely insulted you and for that I aplogise in advance but I would really appreciate it if you could tell me a bit more about what it means.
Thanking you in advance,
Karen B
Karen, Hori is also slang for George in Maori, but as the old joke goes, if you call a Maori a hori you better be smiling,
pilgrim. :-)

Of course one should not use it in a PC world. As the Texan said to the Hori, takes me all day to drive across my property, the Hori, jeez cuzz, you got a car like mine boy.