Hello and seriously considering

Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:41 am
Just Joined

andy480 will become famous soon enoughandy480 will become famous soon enough
Default Hello and seriously considering

Hi everyone,

1st post and no doubt many questions asked before

Just a quick info about me and a few Q's

I am a single bloke with 20 years truck driving (LGV/HGV or whatever you want to call it)
thinking about making the BIG move over to NZ. Working 5 or 6 days here just to pay mortgage and bills and debts sat down and decided to look into emigrating.

Last week i filled out EOI online and scored 20points

I have decided to come over for 3 to 4 weeks between january and march, hire a camper van and tour NZ.

But have since been told i can visit for up to 6 months, then apply for work permit/visa after i get a job?

All my family,friends and my 2 teenage kids are being wonderful in my desicion, maybe they are thinking of free hols lol!

any thanks in advance

Andy
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice
Default Re: Hello and seriously considering

There are a few about on this forum try phil01 and theres working abroad by profession in the forum index for trucking

Karen
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:22 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by andy480
I am a single bloke with 20 years truck driving (LGV/HGV or whatever you want to call it)
thinking about making the BIG move over to NZ. Working 5 or 6 days here just to pay mortgage and bills and debts sat down and decided to look into emigrating.
Hi ya Andy.

That's not going to get you in.

I have decided to come over for 3 to 4 weeks between january and march, hire a camper van and tour NZ.
You are coming in high season so it's a more expensive time to visit, but it is a lovely time of year.

But have since been told i can visit for up to 6 months, then apply for work permit/visa after i get a job?
You surely can do that. Just make sure you have all your documents and be sure your employer can get permission to hire you.

All my family,friends and my 2 teenage kids are being wonderful in my desicion, maybe they are thinking of free hols lol!

any thanks in advance

Andy
Have a go. It's quite OK down here.

And yeah, check out http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477086 for further info.

Good luck.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by happynz

You are coming in high season so it's a more expensive time to visit, but it is a lovely time of year.

Good luck.
managed to find a price of £700 return plus found camper van hire £300 for a month!! sounds good..

so all in £1000 for holiday of lifetime, plus spending.... wonder if i can put it all thru as expenses (i run my own Ltd Co here.. tax reasons!)
Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Hi everyone,

1st post and no doubt many questions asked before

Just a quick info about me and a few Q's

But have since been told i can visit for up to 6 months, then apply for work permit/visa after i get a job?All my family,friends and my 2 teenage kids are being wonderful in my desicion, maybe they are thinking of free hols lol!

any thanks in advance

Andy
Hi Andy,

Are you tidying up all your things here before you go? I wasnt sure how immigration would be if you arrive on recce, with intention of staying. Don't get me wrong a few on here have done it. We (me, hubby, two kids) are seriously thinking about it. My hubby HGV driver. A couple of catches being your medical could throw up a problem, you will also need return ticket or a 2nd ticket to e.g Oz. Hopefully someone in the know will jump in and make you aware of any other important points.

Best of luck to you. Im sure it will all work out.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jill1420
Hi Andy,

Are you tidying up all your things here before you go? I wasnt sure how immigration would be if you arrive on recce, with intention of staying. Don't get me wrong a few on here have done it. We (me, hubby, two kids) are seriously thinking about it. My hubby HGV driver. A couple of catches being your medical could throw up a problem, you will also need return ticket or a 2nd ticket to e.g Oz. Hopefully someone in the know will jump in and make you aware of any other important points.

Best of luck to you. Im sure it will all work out.
I intend to go out for a month some time in new year for a look round, see what its like, if i do like it i hope to return later in the year after i sell my house and clear debts up (might not even bother ) my only problem at present is that i do not have credit/debit cards.. just big debts on them