sad about england

Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sad about england

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Bellasmum, i only said that because there seems to be many user-ids recently, who are thread "wreckers", this is probably all the work of a single person who is displeased with B.E, that's all, hopefully he/she/they will get bored soon
Brussels my tongue was firmly stuck to the side of my cheek when I responded. It wasn't meant to be as sarcastic as it may have seemed.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:31 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FishermansFriend
We obviously disagree on these points but rather than get into a theological discusion perhaps you should take it up with the Economist, who presumably went to a great deal of trouble and research to compile the survey and, from my own limited experience of the world, seem to have done a pretty good job. But if you think Quality of Life is better in the UK than in NZ that's fine - I guess we all have our own criteria to measure these things by.
I don't think that I have said anywhere that the quality of life is better in the UK than NZ. What I have argued against is the "Britain is going to the dogs/down the pan, is no longer Great" type of comment, which I frequently find is due to many Brits negative attitudes.

I tend to find the economist normally well considered (in a centre-right kind of way), but am not sure church going is necessarily a key indicator that deserves weighting.

It was another poster on a different thread who put it quite clearly - many Brits when they head to NZ/Aus/Spain get a one-off leg-up in their relative wealth. They sell their expensive, mortgaged property from the UK and can often buy outright a better (well, larger) property in a better location in NZ/Aus/Spain. After that, the purchasing power, career prospects and cost of living is frequently worse than the more dynamic UK, but they have banked the one-off rise and are better placed in their new location - hence they experience a quality of life improvement.

Nothing wrong in doing that, a little like downsizing and moving somewhere more pleasant within the UK, but it does not mean that the UK was bad.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

tehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=brussels_sprout;5246354]Erm, why are you a member of "British Expats" , "tehori" ?
Have you ever heard of the Moriori people from NZ

This is a thread about England, btw

I take it you have heard of DNA, amusing how so called
Moriori had the same DNA strands as Maori.

If you are going to put an URL up, do your research.
Moriori are as different to NZ Maori as they are to
Cook Island Maori,damn all difference.

You remind one of the Welsh rugby Union saying how they
were experts on Maori culture.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want anymore Brits here. Want NZ to be a secret.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tehori;5247446]
Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Erm, why are you a member of "British Expats" , "tehori" ?
Have you ever heard of the Moriori people from NZ

This is a thread about England, btw

I take it you have heard of DNA, amusing how so called
Moriori had the same DNA strands as Maori.

If you are going to put an URL up, do your research.
Moriori are as different to NZ Maori as they are to
Cook Island Maori,damn all difference.

You remind one of the Welsh rugby Union saying how they
were experts on Maori culture.
Brussels Sprouts comments are most likely based on what they have read or heard aka known as research.

If you don't know where to get accurate info, or indeed it is held tight to the chest of those who have it, then you find it where you can.

Here is your chance to make a difference Te Hori
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:24 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizard
Everywhere is full of eastern europeans and other groups ( I am not being racist here, I just think that a limit should be imposed. After all the country is very small and overcrowded already) I think England is an easy place to go ( whats wrong with all the other European countries?) I am all for a multicultural world but when foreigners out number the locals it seems a bit ridiculous.
There is no difference between you and those Eastern Europeans.

both are expats.

get over it.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:26 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

tehori, please help me out here..........

Bellasmum spelled you username Te Hori. That really puzzled me as we had an incident at work when the word 'hori' was used by a pakeha to a maori. I was under the impression it was very derogatory, racist phrase and it caused a huge amount of ill-feeling.
I thought I would look it up in the Maori-English dictionary to make sure I had understood and it gave me this for 'hori':
1 (verb) to speak falsely, mistake, misjudge.
2 (stative) be false, untrue.
3 (noun) falsehood, lie.

I'm genuinely puzzled. I have probably gravely insulted you and for that I aplogise in advance but I would really appreciate it if you could tell me a bit more about what it means.
Thanking you in advance,
Karen B
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
There is no difference between you and those Eastern Europeans.

both are expats.

get over it.
Yes there is. We move and work. They move not to.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dandy Dan
the people are friendly and bourbons cheap
and thats the magic word.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:30 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dandy Dan
...and bourbon's cheap
Where is bourbon cheap here? I was in California earlier this year and I could get a litre of Old Crow for around USD$11.00. I saw in a bottle shop out in New Brighton Beach a litre of Old Crow going for NZD$40.99!
I suppose the double whammy of expensive bourbon and being a tight git keeps my liver healthy.

Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:35 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Where is bourbon cheap here? I was in California earlier this year and I could get a litre of Old Crow for around USD$11.00. I saw in a bottle shop out in New Brighton Beach a litre of Old Crow going for NZD$40.99!
I suppose the double whammy of expensive bourbon and being a tight git keeps my liver healthy.

When we first got here one of the liquor stores had an ad for 2 1L bottles of Jim Beam for $36 on some junk mail. I used the junk mail to start the log burner and never did find which store it was
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Team Embos OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
When we first got here one of the liquor stores had an ad for 2 1L bottles of Jim Beam for $36 on some junk mail. I used the junk mail to start the log burner and never did find which store it was
Cheers love
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:59 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Team Embos OH
Cheers love
bugger - forgot you were around

your liver will thank me
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Bellasmum;5250453]
Originally Posted by tehori

Brussels Sprouts comments are most likely based on what they have read or heard aka known as research.

If you don't know where to get accurate info, or indeed it is held tight to the chest of those who have it, then you find it where you can.

Here is your chance to make a difference Te Hori
No, one of my rellies lived on Chatham islands for many years, and he was telling me about the Moriori people (they were a very peaceful people) and what the Maoris did to them. He had done many studies on the Moriori people, it was strongly suspected that they lived in NZ before the Maoris too

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Aug 29th 2007 at 11:45 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz

My liver must be truly drenched in the stuff...........here's to cheap bourbon in NZ and if not perhaps I should import it as soon as I arrive and set up shop.

Can't imagine me earning any money though as I will always be found under the counter propped up by the till.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.