sad about england

Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:40 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sad about england

Originally Posted by kato33
And its the favoured tipple of this english gal too.
I new I would fit in.

Errrr.......whats an ABV? Is it a rather huge/massive bottle or am I just wishing

Nici
alcohol by volume - % strength.
they do 5%, 8%, etc - spent many a minute in the liquor store doing the mental arithmatic over a box of so and so or a tray of so and so at x% - so how much alcohol is that per dollar? OK when you're sober and not so otherwise!!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

tehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
This thread makes me laugh lots !!!!! If you look at the NZ papers in the last few days there were serious drunken riots in Dunedin, a Maori father who put his daughter in the washing machine and she died, SERIOUS gang problems (a baby was shot dead), just in Wellington over the weekend, there was a mistaken home invasion and a dairy was robbed. Since i have been here there have been gun rampages, an old lady on a kidney dialysis machine, who died because the Electric company turned her electricity off knowingly. Maori child abuse is VERY serious here, every week there are cases of kids being subject to unspeakable things, but because of political correctness, nothing is ever done.
In many parts of Auckland you will hardly see any European faces too.
NZ too is a very urban country, much more than England even, there are many "Hoons" on the roads , 15 year old kids driving high power cars with no insurance, talking while driving on their "cellphones".
I am not trying to belittle the things that have been mentioned in England, but those sort of things happen in NZ too (but you DO feel MUCH safer here, of course)! The economy in England is doing better than almost all other European neighbours, (NZ is significantly poorer than England), that is what is attracting all the East europeans. And Warehouse and K-Mart are here too, wiping out all the small shops.

AND don't even start me about the tax here, you have to pay $$$$$ on your income from the start, no namby pampy tax free allowances in NZ, crap health system, very little child allowance, you get virtually nothing for the tax dolars !
I would agree about social "cohesion" in England though, it is becoming unstuck, that is the price of the Thatcher years (but that is another thread , maybe) !
Hmm, another visitor to NZ who is an expert on Maori and
has been here how many months ?.

If NZ is a touch hard for you, all those brown faces, you can always run home to Bradford.

You may find this difficult, but you are the one trying to be
an immigrant, just like the Poles going to the UK.

We Maori were here first, and moving us is not an option,
at least not for British immigrants.

But, dear boy, you can always go and tell the Nga Puhi
what you think of them, that would be amusing.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
alcohol by volume - % strength.
they do 5%, 8%, etc - spent many a minute in the liquor store doing the mental arithmatic over a box of so and so or a tray of so and so at x% - so how much alcohol is that per dollar? OK when you're sober and not so otherwise!!
It has to be 40% or its not worth drinking.........IMHO

Maybe I should bring a few bottles over when we fly..........anyone for a right good p**s up???

Lardyl, you of course have the first official invite
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tehori

If NZ is a touch hard for you, all those brown faces, you can always run home to Bradford.

Hello Tehori,

I agree with your comment on us being immigrants too, but please realise that most of us expats don't dislike those coming to the UK, its just our government do nothing like NZ or OZ. All I think most would ask for is that they have border controls like yourselves and vet people before they come over here and generally take over.

Why would you think we wanted to move the Maori people? I know for my family we want to embrace all things NZ and hope to happily settle and call ourselves kiwi someday.

Nici
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
In many parts of Auckland you will hardly see any European faces too.

All Europeans in NZ come from immigration.
So do Maori. Everyone are immigrants, one way or another.

Last edited by lizard; Aug 28th 2007 at 11:42 am.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:43 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, my hubby who I met and married in the UK is a Kiwi and half Maori. His mum emigrated to NZ and married a Maori and darling Hubby is their son.

Which makes our 4 kids a quarter Maori.

I, am the only imigrant as they enjoy pointing out.

We, as a family from the UK really, find the racism and segregation between the Pakeha and Maori sickening - and also, I'm sorry to say, to a certain extent, brought on by both parties. IMHO.

We did, however, find it even more bizarre that back in the UK we had to set off to our locally approved NZIS doctor and private hospital and part with the best part of 800 quid for my medical and chest xrays - even though I was returning to my husband's country of birth? Plus the PR fees and ligrant levy.

We did, i admit, comment at the time about how come any person from Europe could enter the UK at no expense whatsoever?

But the other side of the coin easily forgotten is one of my brothers lives in Poland and makes pretty good money there with his own business. Fair trade?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

tehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kato33
Hello Tehori,

I agree with your comment on us being immigrants too, but please realise that most of us expats don't dislike those coming to the UK, its just our government do nothing like NZ or OZ. All I think most would ask for is that they have border controls like yourselves and vet people before they come over here and generally take over.

Why would you think we wanted to move the Maori people? I know for my family we want to embrace all things NZ and hope to happily settle and call ourselves kiwi someday.

Nici
Yes I can get testy when a poster, not you ,makes comments about Maori without having any knowledge
of Maori.

No, I do not believe 99.99% of immigrants would like Maori
moved.

As for the UK government, shall we say they seem to be
doing a poor job of stopping those who should not be in the
UK.

I do not give a damn about our immigrants race, creed or
colour, as long as they believe black is thicker than blood,
when they notice the ABs playing.

But, an education test for Aussies may be an idea.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:03 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
....But the other side of the coin easily forgotten is one of my brothers lives in Poland and makes pretty good money there with his own business. Fair trade?
Loolah, the UK is part of the EU and by some jiggery pokery so is Poland, hence there are rights of free movement and employment there - which contributes to the economic wealth of the EU and gives (in a good part at least) the Brits all the things they enjoy and many of the things they hanker after once down under.
As far as the racism goes (to migrant, resident, citizen and whoever else) I am totally with you on the principle of that one, maybe not on where the "blame" lies - need to know more to be any kinda expert on that. I do know that its like a disease and I really sincerely hope I am immune!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

But, an education test for Aussies may be an idea.

Which area do you live in? Do like to meet those with a sense of humour.

Nici
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

As for the UK government, shall we say they seem to be
doing a poor job of stopping those who should not be in the
UK.
A poor job...................

Damn right disgraceful you mean

Nothing more useless than the UK government, but I best not get into that sort of thing here..........I like being liked
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

I do not give a damn about our immigrants race, creed or
colour, as long as they believe black is thicker than blood,
when they notice the ABs playing.
Our blood will continue to be a strong red colour when the ABs play Wales and will be so long as i still have it pumping around my body however futile the attempts to beat said ABs is...

Don't mind cheering the ABs on when they play England though
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:09 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Our blood will continue to be a strong red colour when the ABs play Wales and will be so long as i still have it pumping around my body however futile the attempts to beat said ABs is...

Don't mind cheering the ABs on when they play England though
the enemy of my enemy is my friend,
fair play, mate!!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:10 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
Loolah, the UK is part of the EU and by some jiggery pokery so is Poland, hence there are rights of free movement and employment there - which contributes to the economic wealth of the EU and gives (in a good part at least) the Brits all the things they enjoy and many of the things they hanker after once down under.
As far as the racism goes (to migrant, resident, citizen and whoever else) I am totally with you on the principle of that one, maybe not on where the "blame" lies - need to know more to be any kinda expert on that. I do know that its like a disease and I really sincerely hope I am immune!
Totally, my point merely being that whilst people can be quick to slate influx of Polish to the UK (one nationality out of many) my brother has emigrated TO Poland ... FROM the UK. And it has worked out for him, he has no plans to return to the UK. His only downside being his snot freezes as he walks home in winter?!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Totally, my point merely being that whilst people can be quick to slate influx of Polish to the UK (one nationality out of many) my brother has emigrated TO Poland ... FROM the UK. And it has worked out for him, he has no plans to return to the UK. His only downside being his snot freezes as he walks home in winter?!

And I thought you spoke all posh and here's you talking about snot
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

But I bet he is working out there. Unlike some immigrants coming here.

Just send me all the good looking ones and the rest can be sent elsewhere. I sure would make a good PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.