Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RWC - Triumph or flop?

RWC - Triumph or flop?

Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RWC - Triumph or flop?

Shame they're not sent to you without the bitterness and anger that goes with it.

Like Sonny Bill Williams the traitor went to play in Australia, Quaide Cooper an even more despised traitor who went to play in Australia, Tana Umaga exiled in France hardly heard a peep of that man during this RWC, in fact it's almost like his contribution to the ABs has all but been erased. There's a very strange and warped view of the world from down here BUT as soon as they do anything good overseas they want them back pronto.

When Gatland left these shores they said good riddance, as they always do, but now oddly they want him back. It's being said that they will pay whatever it takes to break his contract and get him back to NZ before the next RWC.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:07 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Shame they're not sent to you without the bitterness and anger that goes with it.

Like Sonny Bill Williams the traitor went to play in Australia, Quaide Cooper an even more despised traitor who went to play in Australia, Tana Umaga exiled in France hardly heard a peep of that man during this RWC, in fact it's almost like his contribution to the ABs has all but been erased. There's a very strange and warped view of the world from down here BUT as soon as they do anything good overseas they want them back pronto.

When Gatland left these shores they said good riddance, as they always do, but now oddly they want him back. It's being said that they will pay whatever it takes to break his contract and get him back to NZ before the next RWC.
Sod off he's now an honourary Taff.........
Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:31 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: RWC - Triumph or flop?

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Any nation of 4 million that can year after year show the World how to win in style
I appreciate it's not the only Rugby competition but New Zealand haven't won a world cup since 1987 and in that particular tournament the teams were selected by choice rather than merit.

Much as I don't want them to win this year because of the attitude of their supporters and press I think there is a good chance they will.

BB
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:34 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quade Cooper is not a despised traitor. He kneed McCaw in the head with a cheap shot in Brisbane, causing a cut. That's what thats about. Tana Umaga is not exiled. He is revered. He came back and played for the Chiefs this season and was cheered loudly. I should know, I was there. There are plenty of former All Blacks we have heard from during the cup who had played overseas. Warren Gatland, he was offered the job as Highlanders Coach, with a view to him eventually becoming AB coach and he turned it down. The general pathway to become All Black coach is to coach a Super 15 team first.
You seem to have such a dim view of New Zealanders. You think everything is this great big conspiracy. Lol. Quite frankly, it's no wonder you don't like it here and/or get along with NZers.

Last edited by waikatoguy; Oct 13th 2011 at 10:01 am. Reason: I edited out the bit where I said I thought BoJangles talks a lot of cadswallop :)
Old Oct 13th 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

BJ we in the Northern Hemisphere realised a long time ago that NZ and their attitude to Rugby Union is something special and unique. Any nation of 4 million that can year after year show the World how to win in style can send as many coaches as they want to Wales and we will say a big thank you. Pity England didn't try the same route.....
+1
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but you'd get pretty tired of the endless comments that the Welsh only did so well because of Warren Gatland and Graham Henry in the past; it goes on and on and no matter what happens the Kiwis will claim all the victory they can muster.

Now don't get too excited out there people, there's a 75% chance of a New Zealand coach getting his hands on the web Ellis cup. Latest comments say that the next best thing to the All Blacks winning apparently would be a face off between Robbie Deans V Warren Gatland in the final. :lol That way they're guaranteed a Kiwi wins.

How desperate are they that they'd settle for any kind of vicarious kudos?
Mmmm, rather like all those golf majors that Tiger Wood's NZ caddy has supposedly won!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 12:57 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Cymru am byth

WALES
Old Oct 14th 2011, 1:03 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Wales with a population of 3 million to meet NZ with a population of 4 million in the final...............
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:33 am

Tana Umaga exiled in France hardly heard a peep of that man during this RWC, in fact it's almost like his contribution to the ABs has all but been erased.
Oh ... the horror. I turned to page 2 of the sports section of The Herald, and what do I see? A prominent article by that traitor Tana Umaga. This guy went and played club rugby in France at the end of his AB career. How could he do that to us? This is just not on. Giving him space in the newspaper, after he went and played rugby in France ... huh! The most terrible of crimes. What are they thinking? I'm surprised we even let him back into the country. I think I might cancel my Herald subscription.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:48 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Wales with a population of 3 million to meet NZ with a population of 4 million in the final...............
Now that would be something, the dream would be that they would beat them. Noni proud to be Welsh.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 8:07 am

I think Wales vs NZ would make a great final. I hear there will be 60,000 people packed into Cardiff Arms Park this evening (morning their time) to watch the France game on big screens. It shows how fanatical the support is.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:06 pm

I used to be a lone Welshman where I live.......now I appear to be one of many.... Strangest thing we are getting English supporters wearing RED!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 10:07 pm

I greatly dislike 1/2 French-1/2 Irish refs.........

C'mon the All Blacks.......
Old Oct 14th 2011, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

I greatly dislike 1/2 French-1/2 Irish refs.........

C'mon the All Blacks.......
+1
Old Oct 14th 2011, 11:16 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobDon
+1
why?

yellow yep
red maybe
ref's call - gotta let the man down not let him plant himself, could still break his neck.

at least the ref didn't try and square it up later.

The Welsh did battle well and it would have been a heroic victory but they were favourites and should have sealed it with their kicking as the French presented nothing adventureous at all.

Go the Wobblies, so we can a good bronze final. Like Italia 90 - well in theory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.