Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RWC - Triumph or flop?

RWC - Triumph or flop?

Old Sep 23rd 2011, 9:45 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RWC - Triumph or flop?

make that 29-8

now 37-17

Last edited by lardyl; Sep 23rd 2011 at 10:12 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

normal service will be resumed on/or about ----------------October 24th 2011
thank you for your patience
Old Sep 24th 2011, 2:12 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody French, guess it'll have to be someone else's turn. South Africa or England maybe .
Old Sep 24th 2011, 12:14 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

AB's are looking good, but considering the way the press is taking already, you would think they won the cup!
Old Sep 24th 2011, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Quelle surprise!

After a week of complaining bitterly that the French were only putting up their B Team; how strange that today the media is full of figurative patting of all Kiwis on the back because they 'smashed France' on this 'historic night', lauding over such a 'statement world cup victory' with such an 'impressive win'.

Please, somebody make it stop!!!
Old Sep 24th 2011, 1:34 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Fiji vs Samoa should be a good one.

Go Samoa!!! LOL

Old Sep 24th 2011, 2:59 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Taken from Stuff website today:

Old Sep 24th 2011, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gosh, I hope that old proverb is true and that pride does come before a fall.

I'll be praying for the karma bus to come along and drags them down a peg or ten.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Precisely!! I cringe when I hear them being so disrespectful and nasty about other teams and nations. That Martin Devlin jerk, I could smack him one. Seems they don't care who hears them or they can't hold their mouths, bunch of amateurs - just as well their not being broadcast overseas.
Then look at the headlines today; all wringing their hands at the $12 million that tourists have spent so far. My blood boils at the hypocrisy!!
Bets me why you would watch something or indeed read anything that you clealy hate and gets you so worked up.

That can't be good for your mental health.

Last edited by Bellasmum; Sep 25th 2011 at 2:41 am.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 8:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I dunno so much. Martin Devlin is a tw@t . An arsy tw@t. I can't stick the one eyed reports either.

To me the people that feel the need to jeer and make loud disparaging remarks about those, or to those from other nations are the ones with the problem as that is clearly not healthy really.

We had this Saturday night from a bloke making assumptions about us based on our accents. Didn't know the bloke from Adam. Instead of celebrating the game and actually properly watching the rugby he chose to come out with intermittent bursts of complete and utter barracking rubbish. We're not even French for goodness sake. In the end I was moved to ask him if he was usually a bit of a tosser or did it come with the jersey he was wearing. Pathetic .

Husband says it reminds him of football fans from back in the 70's
Old Sep 25th 2011, 11:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Gosh, I hope that old proverb is true and that pride does come before a fall.

I'll be praying for the karma bus to come along and drags them down a peg or ten.
I wouldn't wish ill will on any of the teams, may the best team win and all that. Mind you I did used to be a little scornful of the football world cup with every year being touted as England's year and them usually ending up playing pretty abysmally and then getting totally ripped apart by the English press. But then they do that very well with many "celebs", quick to place them on a pedestal and then quicker still to knock them off it.

It would be nice to be in the country of the winning team for once! Anything for a celebration, you know me!
Old Sep 25th 2011, 11:52 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I wouldn't wish ill will on any of the teams, may the best team win and all that. Mind you I did used to be a little scornful of the football world cup with every year being touted as England's year and them usually ending up playing pretty abysmally and then getting totally ripped apart by the English press. But then they do that very well with many "celebs", quick to place them on a pedestal and then quicker still to knock them off it.

It would be nice to be in the country of the winning team for once! Anything for a celebration, you know me!
Being in the country of the losing team when you are an English cricket fan is also enjoyable, in my experience

Regarding the RWC, I'm afraid I only get really interested once the pool games start, the sparring is interesting but it does drag the whole thing out a bit hence diluting any sense there is a tournament going on.

That's the pursuit of $ for ya I guess.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 11:55 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: RWC - Triumph or flop?

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Regarding the RWC, I'm afraid I only get really interested once the pool games start,
err they started 3 weeks ago - try to keep up.....

BB
Old Sep 25th 2011, 12:13 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
err they started 3 weeks ago - try to keep up.....

BB
How did I type start while thinking finish?

Whichever bit the Kiwis choke in anyway ...
Old Sep 25th 2011, 1:23 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by BEVS
We had this Saturday night from a bloke making assumptions about us based on our accents.
I thought you where from Englandshire BEVS?

Anyway we knew the French weren’t in brilliant form, I mean they lost to Italy earlier this year (which enraged the coach so much he refused to talk to the team after did a massive flounce after the match ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.