Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Right ladies......medicals question!

Right ladies......medicals question!

Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Right ladies......medicals question!

Sorry Ozzidoc, I didn't mean to offend you, and certainly wasn't being serious. Just my sick sense of humour. I am sure that this doctor was doing a very thorough examination, that is required by the NZIS. Hope I didn't upset anyone.

Glad I didn't have to have that done though. It looks like I got off very lightly indeed.

Lou
xx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Hey Louby Lou
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Hey Frenchy. How are you buddy. What you doing??

Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou
Sorry Ozzidoc, I didn't mean to offend you, and certainly wasn't being serious. Just my sick sense of humour. I am sure that this doctor was doing a very thorough examination, that is required by the NZIS. Hope I didn't upset anyone.

Glad I didn't have to have that done though. It looks like I got off very lightly indeed.

Lou
xx
That's OK, I forgive you
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
That's OK, I forgive you

Thanks. Us Doctors and Nurses have to stick together.

lou
xx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:59 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

Well thats the medicals done and dusted ....another box ticked on the 'to-do list'

It went kind-of like this:
*walked into fairly posh doctors reception area, handed over medical documents, passports and photos.
*Filled out form with address details.
*Asked to leave a urine sample in the not so posh bog (I'd expected more comfortable surroundings for the fee frankly )
*Started consultation with introductions to a thankfully not male and not attractive posh doctor.
*Worked our way down the long list of medical styled questions within the forms stopping at relevant points to discuss any aspects worthy of note.
*Proceeded to the weight & height section (those pesky scales made me almost 4lb heavier than my home ones :curse:).
*Asked to remove all clothing down to undies. Quick check of chest sounds, abdomen poked and prodded, reflexes checked, ears & eyes checked.
*Re-dressed, quick eye test reading the little card thingy on the wall.
*Proceeded to the nasty part (well for me anyway! I hate needles), blood sample taken for all the various nasties...HIV, Hep B, Syphilis, liver function and full blood count.
*End of consultation. Proceeded to the even nastier part of the experience....payment ....made large dent of £505 to my bank account (payment for me & OH).

It all went quite well really, no uncomfortable nakedness , did have to strip to undies for medical & naked from the waist up (but with gown on) for the x-ray. All very straight forward thankfully and ddefinitelydid not want to check that I was infact fully female . That must have been horrific!!!

Thanks all for info & re-assurance, hope my experience helps others too.

claire
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

glad it went well for you,will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get the visa
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
Well thats the medicals done and dusted ....another box ticked on the 'to-do list'

It went kind-of like this:
*walked into fairly posh doctors reception area, handed over medical documents, passports and photos.
*Filled out form with address details.
*Asked to leave a urine sample in the not so posh bog (I'd expected more comfortable surroundings for the fee frankly )
*Started consultation with introductions to a thankfully not male and not attractive posh doctor.
*Worked our way down the long list of medical styled questions within the forms stopping at relevant points to discuss any aspects worthy of note.
*Proceeded to the weight & height section (those pesky scales made me almost 4lb heavier than my home ones :curse:).
*Asked to remove all clothing down to undies. Quick check of chest sounds, abdomen poked and prodded, reflexes checked, ears & eyes checked.
*Re-dressed, quick eye test reading the little card thingy on the wall.
*Proceeded to the nasty part (well for me anyway! I hate needles), blood sample taken for all the various nasties...HIV, Hep B, Syphilis, liver function and full blood count.
*End of consultation. Proceeded to the even nastier part of the experience....payment ....made large dent of £505 to my bank account (payment for me & OH).

It all went quite well really, no uncomfortable nakedness , did have to strip to undies for medical & naked from the waist up (but with gown on) for the x-ray. All very straight forward thankfully and ddefinitelydid not want to check that I was infact fully female . That must have been horrific!!!

Thanks all for info & re-assurance, hope my experience helps others too.

claire
See told you it would be ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanmacc
See told you it would be ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oops meant to ask did you go to the Docs just Off George Sq ??