Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Right ladies......medicals question!

Right ladies......medicals question!

Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:37 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future
Default Right ladies......medicals question!

I just had a horrible thought!! Do I have to get my boobs (or any other unexpected parts) out for the medicals???
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Right ladies......medicals question!

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
I just had a horrible thought!! Do I have to get my boobs (or any other unexpected parts) out for the medicals???
No
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on your age! if you are 45 or over - you need breast exam. It's not too bad - you don't do anything below the waist.

Blokes need to strip to underwear, however, for the 'cough' test!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chippy64
Depends on your age! if you are 45 or over - you need breast exam. It's not too bad - you don't do anything below the waist.

Blokes need to strip to underwear, however, for the 'cough' test!
Me and OH both had a cough test but with all undies on and jeans over the top too! He said it was for checking for hernias.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

We had our medicals in Handsworth Wood, B'ham. We didn't have to take our clothes off, the Doc just lifted up our tops to feel our stomachs, but no cough tests. it was all really quick. Didn,t even take top off for chest x ray!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Every ones medicals seem different. We had to go down to our undies.
Hubby had cough and drop, docs hand on the inside. Daughter saw got the giggles!
Its only a general check over.
Eyes
Pulse
Listen to chest

Later
Blood Test
Chest X-Ray

Three of us got it done in about an hour, bare in mind a lot of paper work.
I think the doctors do it as quickly as possible, but charge you a fortune.
Dont worry women dont have things horrible done.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:16 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
Depends what you think of the doctor...
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Depends what you think of the doctor...

I don't mind if they are old and decrepid, but if they are young and good looking (like you could potentially go out with them if you weren't married with children!) then it is SO embarassing
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:41 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

You'll also need to be in possession of a recent, clear smear test result.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:42 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind if they are old and decrepid, but if they are young and good looking (like you could potentially go out with them if you weren't married with children!) then it is SO embarassing

As well as the embarrassment if they are young and attractive I always think that they could be my father or grandfather if they are older

So I always try and get a female doctor if at all possible, especially if it's anything involving ladies bits
Like the idea that I'll not have to strip off for the meds though, no doctor deserves that
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:46 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You'll also need to be in possession of a recent, clear smear test result.

I've lost/mislaid/thrown away the letter. Would I need to get a copy from my doctor or will they believe me if I say it was OK?

Hoping ITA arrives soon so should be planning meds in next month. Dreading it, I hate being examined!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:49 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue R
I've lost/mislaid/thrown away the letter. Would I need to get a copy from my doctor or will they believe me if I say it was OK?

Hoping ITA arrives soon so should be planning meds in next month. Dreading it, I hate being examined!
??? don't know - I'd say they probably need to have sight of one - they are performing a medical for NZIS so they'll need to cover their backs - you're probably best getting a copy of the letter from your GP.

Also - book the meds asap - we had to wait 4-6 weeks for our appointments and then you had to take whatever is offered.

Last edited by P18PPS; Apr 7th 2008 at 9:51 pm. Reason: forgot something
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:54 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Thanks for that,

My docs usually pretty obliging so shouldn't be a problem
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue R
Thanks for that,

My docs usually pretty obliging so shouldn't be a problem
I'm not sure you do need a clear smear test result. I didn't have one and got one done shortly after I arrived in NZ by the local GP. I'm at the older end as well.
Must now get round to the mammogram...it's at the bottom of my long 'To Do' List after 'Highway Code Test' and 'anything else which might be more fun' .
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:03 pm
Queen of the Underworld

I think the form just asks when you had it done. But then rather have proof than have to do it again if that's what they want... will look into that if necessary!

Must now get round to the mammogram...it's at the bottom of my long 'To Do' List after 'Highway Code Test' and 'anything else which might be more fun' .
Hey we ladies get all the fun don't we!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.