Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

refund on return flight???

refund on return flight???

Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold
Default refund on return flight???

Quick question.....if someone bought return flights but gained PR while in NZ would they be entitled to a refund for the return flight they are not using (Qantas I think).
Old Feb 13th 2011, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: refund on return flight???

I used to work for BA several years ago. We would refund IF there was anything left! We had to look at the cost of a one way flight, making sure all applicable rules of that fare were taken into account. There was also an admin fee. In some cases (not many), we had to warn people that if they put their ticket in for a refund, they would actually owe the airline money.

So, yes it was possible, in my time but you may not get much back.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all
Default Re: refund on return flight???

Originally Posted by 4pommes
Quick question.....if someone bought return flights but gained PR while in NZ would they be entitled to a refund for the return flight they are not using (Qantas I think).
Hey

we did exactly that booked our flights as a holiday before we have even submitted our EOI. Our visa app moved much quicker than we anticipated and by the time our hol came round we pretty much knew that we would receive it whilst here.

I applied for a refund on the return flight however no joy... Brunie don't have any difference in price for a 1 way or return flight.

Worth a try though. Contact your airline in advance and see what they say.
Also it may be worth asking if you could alternatively change the return date on the ticket and use it for a trip back to see family later in the year. (Not sure if this is at all possible)