Referees

Old Sep 29th 2005, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

kathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant future
Default Referees

Hi everyone,

Well, the latest on hubby's job application is that they have received his psychometric tests and are now requesting contact details for referees to contact by phone.

Do most companies only contact referees when they have pretty much decided to offer you the job as long as references as good? I'm obviously taking it as a good sign, but wondered if anyone could shed any light on whether employers contact references for several candidates or just a final check on their favourite???

I'm bouncing off the walls here - have been looking at property sites for Tauranga recently and have seen some really lovely sounding houses which we can afford without stretching ourselves. I try to stay realistic and say - well he may not get the job, but each hurdle that he gets past I start losing perspective and now I'm thinking - yes, yes, yes!!!

Sorry to go on, but it calms me down a bit to tell people on here.

Bye for now.

Kathryn
Old Sep 29th 2005, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

kathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant future
Default Re: Referees

ooops - for those who haven't read my previous posts - I forgot to mention that he has already had an hour long interview with them, then based on that they asked him to do psychometric tests, and finally, having received the results of the tests they are now asking for referees.

Kathryn

Originally Posted by kathm
Hi everyone,

Well, the latest on hubby's job application is that they have received his psychometric tests and are now requesting contact details for referees to contact by phone.

Do most companies only contact referees when they have pretty much decided to offer you the job as long as references as good? I'm obviously taking it as a good sign, but wondered if anyone could shed any light on whether employers contact references for several candidates or just a final check on their favourite???

I'm bouncing off the walls here - have been looking at property sites for Tauranga recently and have seen some really lovely sounding houses which we can afford without stretching ourselves. I try to stay realistic and say - well he may not get the job, but each hurdle that he gets past I start losing perspective and now I'm thinking - yes, yes, yes!!!

Bye for now.

Kathryn
Old Sep 29th 2005, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Tiand is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Referees

Originally Posted by kathm
Hi everyone,

Bye for now.

Kathryn
Hi
Usually contacting referees is done if you are fairly certain you will be offering a job. If the job is one that requires security checks of any kind, then references have to be taken as part of the vetting procedure.

Some firms carry out vetting for those on their final short list.

In any event, it is looking pretty good.. good luck. What line of work is your husband in?

There are loads of lovely houses in and around Tauranga. On a visit, I have met up with Jeremy at Eves, and he has been most helpful.

Relax, it will all happen as it should.
T.