Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

any advice appreciated

any advice appreciated

Old Sep 27th 2005, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

formo01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any advice appreciated

my wife and i have decided to sell up in the uk and go to nz,my parents are there and we have looked at many visa possibilities.
we have had some advice that it is easier to apply for different visa`s once in new zealand and so are planning to go over on a holiday visa and look at the options then,is this the best option?.

we have had advice that you can go for 6 months initially on the holiday visa and then get another 6 months when this is up is this true??

i have been reading paul goddards book and have been inspired my field is in the courier industry and was looking at the fastway courier franchises does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this company in nz good or bad??

any advice is greatly appreciated
thanks
Old Sep 29th 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: any advice appreciated

Originally Posted by formo01
my wife and i have decided to sell up in the uk and go to nz,my parents are there and we have looked at many visa possibilities.
we have had some advice that it is easier to apply for different visa`s once in new zealand and so are planning to go over on a holiday visa and look at the options then,is this the best option?.

we have had advice that you can go for 6 months initially on the holiday visa and then get another 6 months when this is up is this true??

i have been reading paul goddards book and have been inspired my field is in the courier industry and was looking at the fastway courier franchises does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this company in nz good or bad??

any advice is greatly appreciated
thanks

hey not sure about the franchise but with the visa check out the immigration site, you can get a visa upto 2 years i think, which gives you ample time to sort out perm residence, also worth doing there online EOI tester to give a rough idea of how many points you can get, good luck as for the address for the immigration my head is not in this time zone, still jet lagged, but google search it,