Reload this Page >

Recommendations for transporting cat from Uk to nz

Recommendations for transporting cat from Uk to nz

Old Aug 17th 2019, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Clippy123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommendations for transporting cat from Uk to nz

Hi all,

I've had a look at the recent posts and can't see any so thought I'd ask for a recommendation please?

I'll be coming to nz in oct but cat needs to stay here until Feb as he's only just had his rabies jab. So looking for a company that includes collection from your house so my friend doesn't need to take him to Heathrow.

I've had a quote from pet air and I've just requested one from jet pets

thanks in advance
Old Aug 18th 2019, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Clairemidwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recommendations for transporting cat from Uk to nz

Im in the process of deciding who to use too. I’ve had a quote from transfur animals too. Nightmare as there’s so much to consider for the Cat isn’t there!
Old Aug 31st 2019, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for transporting cat from Uk to nz

In 2015 we brought over our 10 and a half year old cat. We used PetAir UK. They collected our cat from our home bringing a substantially constructed custom made crate after asking for a description of the cats size and weight. She was transported from Wales to the catteries at Windsor where a final health check was carried out. The following day she was taken to Heathrow and was accompanied until she was loaded onto the flight. We received a phone call advising us of her condition prior to boarding which was very reassuring. Her flight was via LA.

On arrival in Auckland she was checked by a vet prior to being collected and taken to PetHaven in Pokeno, Auckland for the quarantine period. Pet Air provided an excellent comprehensive service as there is a lot of paperwork to be completed, PetHaven also looked after her very well and provided photographs and updates during the time she spent with them.

We think the cost of vets in Auckland is very high, but we do not know comparison cost in the UK these days.

Last edited by 462; Aug 31st 2019 at 5:31 am.