Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

When to apply to New Zealand citizenship

When to apply to New Zealand citizenship

Old Aug 28th 2019, 2:40 am
Just Joined

smatar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When to apply to New Zealand citizenship

hi every one, I am retired physician came to New Zealand on 16 March 2015 , I am very keen to get citizenship close to March 2020 , during the first year of residency (2015)I went away for 3 month and 28 days ( less than 4 month ) during the subsequent residency years 2016-2018 I went out of NZ for 40 days each year. During 2019 I went out for 14 days ,
i read so many members comments on this matter but my circumstances may be different from others , I do appreciate if some one who come up with his advice of how to plan for NZ CITIZENSHIP at the anniversary of 5 years (March 2020 ) based on the information I have provided
thank you so much for your reply
Old Aug 28th 2019, 10:41 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When to apply to New Zealand citizenship

use the tool on Immigration website:
https://www.govt.nz/browse/passports...ship-tool/#1-0
Old Aug 28th 2019, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Thank you for reply , I know this tool that you have sent me the link which helps to determine your eligibility to have NZ citizenship , however my need is shall I wait until I complete the 5 years then I apply or should I apply 4 months earlier before the completion of the 5 years of residency .
Old Aug 31st 2019, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

nikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond repute

Give DIA a call and they will help you work it out. Our paperwork went in 2 days after I was eligible and my 5 year point isn’t until December this year.
Old Aug 31st 2019, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much Nikki for your advise , my plan is to give a call to DIA in late September this year as by this time I have started the second half of the fifth year , I will go to appointment with completed application and original documents , I am very optimistic they will accept my residency ( from 16 March 2015 to October - Nov 2019 ) if this happened and went through I may get citizenship by March or April 2020